Comics for Ukraine Brings Comic Creators Together for a Cause
More than three dozen comic-book writers, artists, colorists, letterers, designers, and editors have announced a collection of all-new comic-book stories to raise money to aid refugees in Ukraine. Comics for Ukraine: Sunflower Seeds is a benefit anthology edited by Scott Dunbier, with all proceeds going to Operation USA. The 96 page graphic anthology will available in both hardcover and softcover editions with multiple cover choices.
The Comics for Ukraine: Sunflower Seeds anthology features an incredible roster of comics talent united under the mission of providing relief to the war-torn Ukraine, which has suffered attacks from neighboring Russia since late February. There will be multiple versions available.
- Alex Ross
- Arthur Adams
- Dave Johnson
- Bill Sienkiewicz
- Kurt Busiek, Brent Anderson, Wade Von Grawbadger, Alex Sinclair, Richard Starkings – New Astro City
- John Layman, Rob Guillory – New Chew
- Walter Simonson, Laura Martin, John Workman – New and Exclusive Star Slammers
- Howard Chaykin, Nitro Yen, Ken Bruzenak – New and Exclusive American Flagg
- Stan Sakai, Hi-Fi – New and Exclusive Usagi Yojimbo
- Matt Wagner, Brennan Wagner – New and Exclusive Grendel
- Mark Evanier, Sergio Aragones, Stan Sakai – New and Exclusive Groo
- Jill Thompson – New and Exclusive Scary Godmother
- Louise Simonson, June Brigman, Roy Richardson, Dave Stewart, John Workman – New and Exclusive short story “The Cost of War“
- Dave Gibbons, Chris Sprouse, Kevin Nowlan, Laura Martin, Todd Klein – New and Exclusive short story “Hardrada“
- Mark Waid, Gabriel Rodriguez, Dave Stewart, Todd Klein – A new and exclusive short story
- Emil Ferris – New and Exclusive short story “Bombings“
Additional material by:
- Joshua Dysart
- Pia Guerra
- Peter Kuper
With the exception of hard costs (printing, credit-card fees, marketing, etc.) all of the funds raised by Comics for Ukraine: Sunflower Seeds will benefit the relief efforts in Ukraine in partnership with Operation USA.
Operation USA supports health and education programs to help children and families at home and abroad recover and thrive in the wake of disasters, disease, violence and endemic poverty. Every day, we strive to meet the needs of under-served and overlooked populations so that future generations may have the tools they need to create meaningful change in their own communities and lives. Working with partners around the world, we empower communities to recover, build resiliency and thrive in the face of pervasive obstacles during a time of unprecedented global need. Since 1979, OpUSA has delivered $450 million in aid to 101 countries.
Check out the cover by Alex Ross below.
Disclosure: I am a part of this project and act as the marketing director for Zoop.