ComixTribe has announced the full list of creators contributing new stories and art that will be featured in Wailing Blade: Headtaker, the collected edition of its popular dark-sci fi fantasy mini-series released last year, which is currently funding on Kickstarter.
Wailing Blade is created by Rich Douek, writer of the IDW series Road of Bones and the upcoming Sea of Sorrows, and Joe Mulvey, artist of ComixTribe’s SCAM and Mummy’s Always Right and the upcoming Happy Hill.
Billed as Mad Max meets Masters of the Universe, Wailing Blade takes place in a future dark age, and tells the story of a bandit prince who will stop at nothing to save a father sentenced to death by the hands of the legendary Headtaker… even if it means falling to the Wailing Blade himself.
The four-issue mini-series is being collected for the first time and will be available in a softcover format as well as a deluxe, die-cut foil-enhanced hardcover edition. The new trade will include an extensive cover gallery as well as an additional final scene not included in the single issues.
ComixTribe has also enlisted a murders-row of comic talent to help add even more fire-power to this trade collection. This collection features an all-new “Legends of the Wailing Blade” section including over a dozen tales of the origin of the titular blade. In this world, no one truly knows where the Wailing Blade came from or why it wails… but in every tavern, a different tale is spun.
The full roster of participating creators announced include:
- Michael Avon Oeming (Powers, The After Realm)
- David Andry (Resonant)
- John Lees (Sink, Hotell, Mountainhead)
- David Pepose (The O.Z., Spencer & Locke, Scout’s Honor)
- Liana Kangas (She Said Destroy, Black AF: Devil’s Dye & Trve Kvlt)
- Ryan K Lindsay (Eternal, She, Negative Space)
- Lane Lloyd (God Puncher)
- Kenny Porter (Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Barnstormers)
- Gavin Smith (Dead Legends)
- Malissa White (Nightmare)
- Russell Nohelty (Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter, Cthulhu is Hard to Spell)
- J Paul Schiek (The Lion and the Unicorn, Hush Ronin)
- Tyler James (The Red Ten, Oxymoron)
- Jarret Katz (The Foreigner)
- Alex Cormack (Sink, Road of Bones, Sea of Sorrows)
- Fraser Cambell (Alex Automatic, Ind-Xed)
- Iain Laurie (And Then Emily Was Gone, The Edge Off)
- Andrew Hahn (Powered by The Blood of Five Vampires)
- Steven Forbes (Runners, The Proving Grounds)
- Travis Hymel (Arkworld)
- Rob Multari (Night Wolf)
- Marc Thomas (The Monstrous Adventures of Beowulf)
- Mario Candelaria (Killchella)
- Daniel Earls (Hellfire, Tales from the Pandemic)
- Matt Zolman (Epic)
The Wailing Blade: Headtaker campaign to raise $30,000 on Kickstarter to help fund the print run for the deluxe hardcover collection runs until Friday, November 20 at midnight. When funded, the books will ship in February, with digital rewards to be fulfilled in December.