NYCC 20133: Marvel’s Announcements! Avengers World, The Trial of Jean Grey, All-New X-Factor, Black Widow & More!
At New York Comic Con, Marvel has started to reveal what all of those teasers were about with numerous new series or events as part of their second wave of Marvel NOW! releases dubbed All-New Marvel NOW!
Here’s what’s announced so far:
- Loki, Agent of Asgard – Al Ewing and Lee Garbett will be handling this series which sees Loki back in his adult body. The series has him acting as an secret agent of Asgard sent out to cause their enemies trouble.
- Savage Wolverine – Richard Isanove joins the series for an arc starting in 2014.
- Guardians of the Galaxy and All-New X-Men cross over with The Trial of Jean Grey – Brian Michael Bendis is crossing over two of his biggest series in a story that deals with the fact Jean Grey is in the present. Her presence sets off fears of the Phoenix and folks head out to prevent another disaster. I guess they don’t get sent back to the past? And check out the new costumes! Sara Pichelli has art duties on Guardians and Stuart Immonen is on X-Men.
- All-New X-factor – Spinning out of the previous volume, Peter David and Carmine Di Giandomenico will be the creative team for All-New X-Factor.
- Avengers World – Jonathan Hickman, Nick Spencer and Stefano Caselli take on a new series spinning out of the events from Infinity.
- Avengers Undercover – Written by Dennis Hopeless and drawn by Kev Walker this series spins out of Avengers Arena. Some of the survivors of that series try to infiltrate the Masters of Evil. Among the characters are Hazmat, Bloodstone, Death Locket, Cammy, and Anachronism. Due out next March.
- Black Widow solo series – Nathan Edmondson and drawn by Phil Noto this series will most likely be similar to the successful Hawkeye, but with more spying….