NYCC 2012 – DC Entertainment Takes on New York
DC Entertainment is heading to New York Comic Con with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances. Stephen Amell, star of The CW’s highly-anticipated Arrow, will be on hand, along with a lineup of comic book talent to give fans and attendees insight into what DC has in store.
DC will also has its fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.
DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238. Here are some of the major stories fans can look forward to hearing about at the show, plus much more:
- Following the historic, nationwide debut of “Arrow Day,” superstar comic book writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns joins the cast and creators of Arrow for an exclusive panel to provide new insights into the new television series on Sunday at 11 a.m. in the IGN Theater.
- Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire Superman family of titles.
- Fans will also be treated to key revelations and jaw-dropping, beautiful art from the best-selling Batman: Death of the Family event courtesy of writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and an all-star cast of talent.
- DC Entertainment will announce details on a new and unique partnership in support of We Can Be Heroes.
- The literary event of the season will be a major point of interest, as the gritty graphic novel adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo speeds toward its November release.
- Clues surround the next chapter in the epic Green Lantern comic book saga, as fans will get hints at what’s coming their way in the pages of the Rise of the Third Army crossover event.
- Vertigo fans will get a heavy dose of their favorite titles – along with some groundbreaking new additions, including Sandman, Django Unchained, Ghosts and Fables: Werewolves of the Heartland and more.
- MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots” will be on hand to discuss the arrival of Totally MAD, a hardcover book celebrating 60 years of the magazine’s sharp satire and biting parody. Fans will also have the chance to subscribe to MAD Magazine in the DC Entertainment booth.
DC Entertainment’s New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes:
Thursday, October 11:
5:00-6:00pm – DC Collectibles
6:30-7:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52: Superman
Friday, October 12:
10:15-11:00am – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
12:30-1:30pm – DC Entertainment: From Concept to Page
1:30-2:30pm – Vertigo: A View from the Cutting Edge of Comics
2:45-3:45pm – DC Comics: Green Lantern – The Third Army Arrives
4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics All Access: Before Watchmen
Saturday, October 13:
11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
12:15pm-1:15pm – Mad about MAD
1:30-2:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52
4:00-5:00pm – Vertigo – Fables: 10th Anniversary!
5:15-6:15pm – DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers
12:15pm-1:15pm – DC Comics: Batman – Death Comes to Gotham
2:30-3:30pm – Drawing DC: Kids Edition