Chilling Tales of a Galaxy Far, Far Away Return to Vader’s Castle
Following the success of last year’s Tales from Vader’s Castle comic-book miniseries, IDW Publishing heads back to the lava planet Mustafar for more Halloween-timed storytelling in Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader’s Castle.
Shipping weekly throughout October, this five-issue story pairs Star Wars Adventuresmainstay writer Cavan Scott with Eisner Award-winning artist Francesco Francavilla for the story of torment deep within Fortress Vader, one that frames five tales of terror to thrill young and mature readers alike!
Each issue focuses on a different villain, each story written by Cavan Scott and illustrated by a renowned comic creator:
- Darth Maul, illustrated by Megan Levens: “Maul is the counterpoint and nemesis of my favorite character from the saga, Obi-Wan Kenobi, so getting to tell a part of his story (and draw those fabulous tattoos) was something I didn’t hesitate to sign up for!”
- Grand Moff Tarkin, illustrated by Kelley Jones: “Although I rooted against him, I always had a sneaking admiration for Tarkin, as he was – in all honesty – the real evil of the Empire: cold, calculating, and all too human!”
- Asajj Ventress, illustrated by Nick Brokenshire: “I can’t wait to show you the super-creepy shenanigans we’re getting up to in the Star Wars universe!”
- Jabba the Hutt, illustrated by Nicoletta Baldari: “These are the comics you’re looking for!”
- Darth Vader, illustrated by Charles Paul Wilson III: “I told IDW that I’d draw the Kessel Run in less than 14 parsecs if they could get me on this book again, and they told me I could do it… but only if it was in under 12.”
Each issue of Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader’s Castle will feature Cover A by Francesco Francavilla, Cover B by that issue’s respective guest artist, and a special black-and-white retailer incentive edition by Francavilla. Issue #1 will also include a special Derek Charm retailer incentive variant.