Marvel’s Perlmutter Cuts $1M Check for Trump’s Veterans Fundraiser
Thursday saw the latest Republican Presidential debate, but this one was controversial as candidate Donald Trump refused to attend due to his rampant
sexism misogyny fear of Fox News‘ Megyn Kelly who was one of the moderators for the debate and he felt was mean unfair to him in the past.
Instead Trump held his own rally raising money for wounded veterans during the same time of the debate. It’s unknown WHAT charity that Trump’s fundraising will benefit, but that didn’t stop Marvel’s CEO Ike Perlmutter from committing $1 million to the fundraiser, which raised $6 million according to Trump himself. That was mostly from a small group of wealthy donors, including some felons. As far as folks can tell, the donations will go to the Donald J. Trump foundation, which has no history of being involved with veteran groups.
You can watch Trump announce Perlmutter’s donation a little after the 1 minute mark:
The Hollywood Reporter said when they broke the news:
“One of the great, great men of our country in terms of business and talent,” Trump said.
A rep for Perlmutter said: “The Perlmutters are thrilled to support their friend Donald Trump in his efforts to help veterans.”
The Perlmutters also donated $2 million to Marco Rubio’s campaign this season.
This isn’t the first time Perlmutter has been involved in Presidential politics. He also donated to Rudy Giuliani’s failed Presidential bid.
Earlier this week Marvel announced their teaming up with the Wounded Warrior Project to help raise awareness about issues facing veterans. That has issues unto itself, which we laid out, as the WWP has been accused of wasting money raised and benefiting employees.
So, when it comes to veterans and Marvel this week, they’re 0 for 2.