Neverwinter: Underdark Expansion Launches on PC
Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios have launched Neverwinter: Underdark – the eighth expansion of the action MMORPG set in the Dungeons & Dragons’ Forgotten Realmsuniverse from Wizards of the Coast – on PC, with Xbox One to follow in early 2016. Join forces with Drizzt Do’Urden and his companions summoned to battle demonic forces erupting from the Underdark, including an all-new 10-player encounter against the Prince of Demons, Demogorgon.
When a spell turns against the Archmage of Menzoberranzan, powerful demons spill into the Underdark, beginning a series of events that coincide with the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast. Neverwinter: Underdark lets players jump into that story to battle these demons and send them back to the Abyss. Full of new content and quality-of-life updates, this expansion continues to improve the constantly-evolving MMORPG. The full list of additions includes:
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, “The Dwarven King”, written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is currently available on PC and digitally for Xbox One, available free-to-play with Gold (Gold membership [sold separately] required) from the Xbox Games Store.