Pick of the Week: Revival #9 + 9 Other Comics
Revival is consistently one of the best comics on the market right now. While some might look at it as another “zombie series,” the comic is so much more than that. Instead, it’s more along the line of X-Files crossed with a small town police procedural series. Revival #9 out this week continues the excellent series which you should have been reading since the beginning.
- Revival #9 – see above
- Mara #4 – What does being a super hero have in common with being a sports star? Check out this commentary on celebrity, commercialism and sports/entertainment.
- Daredevil #25 – Mark Waid continues to write one of the best super hero comics on the market.
- Five Ghosts: Haunting of Fabian Gray #2 – The hot new Image series has an adventurer who can tap into the abilities of five ghosts. The first issue had me intrigued.
- Superior Spider-Man #8 – Dan Slott has made me interested in Spider-Man, nuff said!
- Miniature Jesus #1 – Devil on one shoulder – angel on the other. One tells you to do bad things, the other . . . well, you get the idea. Bad news for a recovering alcoholic if the “good” one is MIA. Between a liquor-gulping demon and a mummified cat hell-bent on mucking up his fragile stability with esoteric trappings of Egyptian Gods, it’s all about to make our hero’s day hit the proverbial fan. <- Um, yeah!
- Conan the Barbarian #15 – Brian Wood is one of the best writers out there and his Conan is just amazing.
- Idolized #5 – A super hero comic that’s so good, I’d think it was from one of the “big two.” Do yourself a favor and check out this series you’re missing!
- The Black Beetle #3 No Way Out – I’m a huge fan of pulp and noir and this series has nailed it so far.
- Adventure Time #15 – A great comic for all ages captures the craziness of the television show.