The Guide To All Things DC Entertainment At SDCC 2011
THE GUIDE TO ALL THINGS DC ENTERTAINMENT AT SDCC 2011
New York, NY (Friday July 15, 2011) Throughout San Diego Comic-Con DC Entertainment has a robust schedule of activities, including give-aways, interactive experiences and a chance to hear from your favorite creators. For ease of convenience here’s a comprehensive list of everything DC Entertainment related:
SDCC GREEN SCREEN PHOTO KIOSK:
- If you’ve always dreamed of being a super hero, here’s your chance for a once-in-a-lifetime photo shoot. DC’s all-new booth at SDCC will feature an interactive green screen photo kiosk that gives you a chance to “join” the JUSTICE LEAGUE. The kiosk background will be the new JUSTICE LEAGUE, with art by Jim Lee, offering a sneak preview of one of the most-anticipated titles of The New 52. You’ll get a printed photo in the booth and can pick up a digital copy online to easily share with your friends who can’t make it to the show.
SDCC EXCLUSIVE COMIC-CON GIVE-AWAYS:
JUSTICE LEAGUE OVERSIZED BAG:
- The famous oversized bags handed out at registration will feature the new JUSTICE LEAGUE, with art by Jim Lee, and are expected to be a must-have item, not to mention handy for lugging around giveaways at the show.
THE NEW 52 #1 SAMPLER:
- Starting on Wednesday, July 20th, comic book shops worldwide will be giving away copies of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1 for free. Featuring a 6-page preview of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee’s JUSTICE LEAGUE #1, the cover art for all of the books, never-before-seen sketches, and insights from creative teams, DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1 is a complete and comprehensive guide to all of the books being published this September as part of DC Comics—The New 52. Copies will be distributed throughout the duration of the convention at both the DC Entertainment booth and at the Warner Bros. booth.
WAYNE CASINO CHIPS:
- In the world of FLASHPOINT, Thomas Wayne is Batman. He funds his crime efforts in part by being the head honcho of Wayne Casinos. To celebrate FLASHPOINT, The DC booth will be distributing 5 different collectible Wayne Casinos poker chips as exclusive giveaways at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. Don’t miss your chance to get your hands on these limited chips because they’ll each only be available on specific dates. The colors, dollar denominations, and availability dates for the chips are as follows:
$1 Chips (White) – Wednesday, July 20th
$5 Chips (Red) – Thursday, July 21st
$10 Chips (Blue) – Friday, July 22nd
$25 Chips (Green) – Saturday, July 23rd
$50 Chips (Orange) – Sunday, July 24th
$100 Chips (Black) – These will be given away at DC panels throughout the convention to attendees who ask the best questions!
SDCC ADDITIONAL IN BOOTH GIVE-AWAYS:
PINS, POSTERS and CHECKLISTS:
- DC Entertainment’s Booth (#1915) Giveaways include; postcard checklists for DC Comics – The New 52 and FLASHPOINT, 22” x 34” posters of JUSTICE LEAGUE (featuring Jim Lee artwork), BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY, FLASHPOINT, and the GREEN LANTERN graphic novels backlist written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by the industry’s top artists, various Green Lantern pins, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY #1, DC Direct Summer 2011 Collectibles booklet.
SDCC EXCLUSIVE ITEMS:
DC THE NEW 52 LIMITED EDITION COVER PORTFOLIOS
- Limited edition portfolios featuring DC COMICS: THE NEW 52 COVERS will be available exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con from DC Direct and Graphitti Designs. On Thursday through Sunday a different portfolio volume containing 13 covers will go on sale each day in the Graphitti Designs booth for $39.95. Only 520 copies of each volume will be available per day.
SDCC EXCLUSIVE ZOOM ACTION FIGURE:
- In August, four FLASHPOINT action figures (manufactured by DC DIRECT) will be shipping to retailers. San Diego Comic-Con is the only place where you’ll be able to complete your FLASHPOINT action figure collection. Head over to Graphitti Designs Booth (#2315) to purchase an extremely limited DC DIRECT action figure of one of FLASHPOINT’s central villains: Zoom. Zoom stands approximately 6.5” inches high, features multiple points of articulation and includes a removable display base. Due to its rare availability, attendees will each be limited to only one Zoom figure each.
- FLASHPOINT #1 Wraparound Variant Cover:
FLASHPOINT #1 is already up to its third printing. And now you can purchase an exclusive edition of FLASHPOINT #1 with a stunning wraparound variant cover by series artists Andy Kubert, Sandra Hope, and Alex Sinclair. This exclusive edition of FLASHPOINT #1 will sell for $10 at the Graphitti Booth (#2315) while supplies last.
SDCC Official San Diego Comic-Con Souvenir Book and T-Shirt:
- An exclusive JUSTICE LEAGUE image by Jim Lee will serve as both the cover for the convention’s official souvenir book and official T-shirt. The 192-page souvenir book will be distributed for free (while supplies last) to all convention attendees. The T-shirt, made by Graphitti Designs, will be available exclusively at the Comic-Con Boutique (booth #2515 in the Exhibit Hall). Prices range from $18.95 – $24.95 (depending on size) and supplies are limited.
SDCC EXCLUSIVE PREVIEWS:
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER FIRST LOOK AT AQUAMAN:
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER includes an exclusive first look at Aquaman #1 written by DCE CCO Geoff Johns with art by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado.
TV GUIDE MAGAZINE/Warner Bros. COMIC-CON SPECIAL ISSUE:
- DC Entertainment includes content in the TV GUIDE MAGAZINE/Warner Bros. comic-Con special issue devoted solely to programming from WBTV and the Studio. The issue is packed with inside scoop, including several DC Entertainment related features including:
- An exclusive look at three superhero costume re-designs by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee, for DC Comics-The New 52, the upcoming historic renumbering of the entire DC line of comic books with 52 first issues.
- A classic MAD magazine “Spy vs. Spy” from writer/artist Peter Kuper, celebrating 50 years of the popular feature created by Antonio Prohias.
DC ENTERTAINMENT’S SDCC PANEL SCHEDULE:
The full DC Entertainment SDCC panel schedule can be found here: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/07/07/dc-comics-sdcc-panel-schedule/.