BOOM! Studios and Twentieth Century Consumer Products will expand the story of Ursus in Planet of the Apes: Ursus, a comic book series launching in January 2018 about the classic franchise’s most notorious villain. Written by David F. Walker and illustrated by Christopher Mooneyham—both longtime fans of the franchise—the series will follow the rise through the ranks of the ape who has hated (and feared) mankind the most, including what first brought him to the Forbidden Zone. This is the first project from BOOM! Studios in 2018 as part of their yearlong celebration of the franchise’s 50th anniversary.
Planet of the Apes: Ursus features a main cover illustrated by Paolo Rivera, an intermix cover by Michael Allred, a subscription cover by Becca Carey, and a variant cover by the legendary Bob Larkin, presented in mock magazine cover format and virgin. This cover by Larkin, who illustrated over a dozen painted covers for Planet of the Apes magazine, was unused during the classic magazine run and has never been published before.
BOOM! Studios, DeVito Artworks LLC, and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products have announced Kong on the Planet of the Apes, a comic book series bringing together two of entertainment’s biggest icons for the first time ever! Writer Ryan Ferrier and artist Carlos Magno team up for the six-issue series that promises to deliver an epic story starring the best-known primates in pop culture.
Following the events of the first Planet of the Apes film (1968), Dr. Zaius and General Ursus lead a small group of soldiers to the Forbidden Zone to destroy any remaining evidence of Taylor’s time among them. To their surprise, they discover… a KONG! Now they must travel to Skull Island to discover the truth, but they may not survive the deadliest journey of their lives!
Covers for Kong on the Planet of the Apes #1 are illustrated by Mike Huddleston, series artist Carlos Magno, and movie poster artist Hans Woody.
BOOM! Studios and Twentieth Century Fox Film have unveiled two exclusive War for the Planet of the Apes #1 interconnecting variant covers, available exclusively at Comic-Con International in San Diego (also known as San Diego Comic-Con, or SDCC), beginning Wednesday, July 19th, at the companies’ booths.
The first exclusive cover, limited to a print run of 2,000 copies, will be available for FREE at the Fox booth (#4229) at SDCC, featuring Caesar, as played by Andy Serkis in the film. The second chase cover, strictly limited to only 500 copies, will be available for $10 at the BOOM! Studios booth (#2229), featuring The Colonel, as played by Woody Harrelson. The covers, which connect to form one image, are illustrated by Robert Sammelin.
Written by David F. Walker and illustrated by Jonas Scharf, BOOM! Studios’ War for the Planet of the Apes comic series is an original story set between 20th Century Fox’s films, 2014’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming eponymous film. As Caesar and his apes recoup and recover after the Kubo-led attack on the human compound in San Francisco, the military begins moving in, setting the stage for the momentous war to come.
War for the Planet of the Apes #1 will be available for sale starting July 12th at local comic book shops and digitally. War for the Planet of the Apes hits theaters on Friday, July 14th.
BOOM! Studios has announced they’ve partnered with Twentieth Century Fox Film for the 2017 BOOM! Studios Drink Up, the longest-running annual party open to fans thrown by a comic book company at Comic-Con International in San Diego. The annual event will once again be held on Thursday, July 20th beginning at 9pm at the Odysea Lounge, located on the second floor of the Hilton Bayfront Hotel.
To celebrate the most successful year in BOOM! Studios history, the company and Twentieth Century Fox Film want to buy the first 1,000 fans their first drink at the BOOM! Studios Drink Up for free! (Fans must present valid ID to show they are of legal drinking age to receive alcoholic beverages.)
Simply pick up a free party invitation/drink ticket from the BOOM! Studios booth (#2229) or the Fox booth (#4229) while supplies last and present it when you arrive at the Odysea Lounge for your free drink!
Twentieth Century Fox Film has announced a strategic investment in comic book and graphic novel publisher BOOM! Studios.
The investment gives TCFF a significant minority stake in the largest independently-controlled comic book and graphic novel library. Differing from other major publishers in the space, BOOM! partners with creators to share ownership of original series.
In the announcement Fox said this investment is part of their focus to foster an environment that serves as a home to great storytellers and allows them to work more closely with the publisher’s writers and artists. The investment also will fuel BOOM!’s original content. Now BOOM! can greenlight more new series from comic book creators, deepen its distribution relationships, and widen its marketing reach.
The publisher entered a first-look film deal with Twentieth Century Fox Film in the Fall of 2013 and currently has in development with the studio Irredeemable, the James Wan-created comic book Malignant Man, Imagine Agents, Mouse Guard, and Lumberjanes, among many others. TCFF is currently in post-production on a feature film based on BOOM!’s The Empty Man, from the graphic novel by Cullen Bunn and Vanesa R. Del Rey.
BOOM! has also had a first-look deal for television rights with 20th Century Fox Television since 2014.
Both deals will be extended as part of TCFF’s investment in the Company.
BOOM! Studios and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are teaming up for a War for the Planet of the Apes comic book series that serves as a prequel story to the upcoming blockbuster film. Written by David F. Walker and illustrated by Jonas Scharf, War for the Planet of the Apes comic series debuts July 12, 2017 as a four-issue monthly limited series. The highly anticipated 20th Century Fox film opens two days later on July 14.
Picking up where the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes film left off, the War for the Planet of the Apes comic series will serve as a bridge to the upcoming new movie. Spanning the course of a year, this limited series focuses on various groups of characters throughout the United States, giving readers a look into this mysterious world.
War for the Planet of the Apes #1 features covers by Mikhail Borulko and Jay Shaw.
In celebration of one of science fiction’s most loved and enduring series of films, Eaglemoss Collections has joined with Twentieth Century FOX Consumer Products to answer the demands of generations of sci-fi fans with the introduction of the first and only authorized collection of figurines based on characters from the Alien, Predator, AVP, and Prometheus movie franchises.
The first series of collectibles to be launched under Eaglemoss’ new Hero Collector brand, the Alien & Predator Official Figurine Collection presents these classic characters in stunning yet terrifyingly realistic detail at 1:16 scale.
First up in the collection are two of the most iconic fan favorites. With arms outstretched, the imposing Xenomorph from the original Alien stands approximately 5-1/2 inches tall. Then there’s “Scar,” the commanding Predator from Alien vs. Predator. Having speared his Xenomorphic quarry, he’s close to 7-1/2 inches high. Like all figures in this definitive handcrafted collection, each has been cast in a specially formulated metallic resin and painted by hand.
Priced at $29.95, each figurine comes in a four-color display box and will be invading local comic shops beginning in April 2017.
Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products has announced an out-of-this-world global celebration of the Alien franchise culminating with a special 24 hour, fan-focused social media event on April 26th – a nod to LV-426, the planet from the iconic ALIEN films. Alien Day (#AlienDay426) to encompass a wide range of executions including nationwide screenings, never-before-seen consumer product releases and the kickoff of the Alien: Ultimate Trivia Challenge, allowing fans to test their knowledge – with the chance to win memorable prizes every 42.6 minutes on Twitter.
Fox Consumer Products has teamed with an impressive amount of partners; showcasing everything from unique apparel to exclusive comic books to high-end collectables. One of the most-requested licensed products, the Reebok Alien Stomper worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley, as well as the mid tops worn by Lance Henrikson as the Android Bishop, are being released by Reebok in limited edition to mark Alien Day. The iconic movie sneakers will be available beginning April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide. Other Alien products include the following:
- NECA announces the first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure; as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure
- An ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series from Funko LLC
- Dark Horse Comics expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986
- Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon
- Available on Audible; a brand new audio drama, Alien: Out of the Shadows – starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role, Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) is a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.
- ALIEN DIGITAL PINBALL– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch three digital pinball tables via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
- DC ENTERTAINMENT – Together with Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment will re-release the fan-favorite Batman VS ALIEN comics for the first time in over a decade
- FRIGHT RAGS – Horror apparel retailer Fright Rags will release limited edition ALIEN-themed apparel
- THE UPPER DECK COMPANY – The leading trading card company will launch ALIENS Anthology Collector Trading Card and the ALIENS “Vs” Trading Card Game system
- HOT TOYS – The Hong Kong-based collectible manufacturer is announcing an all-new ALIEN Ripley 1/6th figure
- KOTOBUKIYA– The Japanese manufacturer unleashes an assortment of highly detailed collectables this spring including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from ALIENS and mini “Big Chap” figurines posed to strike up conversation around your home or office!
- INSIGHT EDITIONS – The illustrated pop culture book publisher will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
- An all-new ALIEN Internecivus Raptus Statue from Sideshow Collectibles
- SUPER 7 – The San Francisco based designer toy and apparel company has developed several toys in honor of the ALIEN DAY: ALIEN Muscle figures on card; ALIEN ReAction carrying case with exclusive ALIEN figure; Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit; Japanese vinyl Queen and ALIENS Glassware
- LOOT CRATE – The monthly mystery subscription box for pop culture fans will launch a limited-edition ALIENS 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners.
- MEDICOM TOY – Japan-based toy company MEDICOM TOY will release VCD (vinyl super deformed) ALIEN figure and retro style ALIEN figure via Diamond Comics
- USAopoly – Launches a pair of classic board games with a thrilling twist: YAHTZEE® ALIEN VS PREDATOR™ and CLUE®: ALIEN VS PREDATOR™
- HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES to release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas
Titan Comics has announced it has secured the license to publish all-new Independence Day comics from Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products.
In 1996, Independence Day wowed audiences across the world, winning numerous awards, including an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects and Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Composition Written for a Motion Picture or for Television.
A new film, directed by Roland Emmerich, Independence Day Resurgence takes place 20 years after the events of the original film and stars Liam Hemsworth and Jessie Usher, along with Independence Day returnees Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, and Vivica A. Fox.
Independence Day Resurgence is set to launch in theatres everywhere June 24, 2016.
Titan Comics Independence Day comic series will be a rich psychological prison drama set after the events of the first film.
Steve White, the Titan Comics editor of the forthcoming series described it as:
A golden opportunity to segue nicely into next year’s blockbuster sequel by taking the mythos of the original and maybe adding a little darkness to it.
Upper Deck and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products have officially released Legendary Encounters: A Predator Deck Building Game, which is sure to become an instant hit with both Predator fans and gamers around the world.
This new release brings an exciting and unique element of gameplay to the popular Legendary Deck Building games, allowing players to choose a fully cooperative mode or fully competitive mode of play. In cooperative mode, players take on the role of the Humans and work together to complete objectives, stay alive and defeat the Predator. In competitive mode, the basic game mechanics are the same, but players take on the role of the Predators, whose objective is to hunt their prey and earn the most honor.
The new game takes you through Predator 1 and 2 and is 100% compatible with Legendary Encounters: an Alien Deck Building Game.
Designed for 1 to five players, the game includes 700 cards featuring all new original art, a full color 33” x 14” game mat and color rule book, with a retail price of $59.99.
Get the game today!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site.