(W) Nick Spencer (A) Iban Coello (CA) Ryan Ottley
In Shops: Feb 26, 2020
• J. Jonah Jameson’s new gig has proven to be nothing but trouble for Spidey. • As you are well aware, JJJ doesn’t take “no” for an answer, so even if Spidey is knee-deep in a world-saving situation, JJJ will always be there to “help” him. • But while Spidey is dealing with JJJ and Chance, something is brewing with Kindred and it can’t bode well for Peter.
In 1975, writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum changed the comics landscape forever with Giant-Size X-Men #1. This special issue marked a new genesis for the team, introduced iconic Marvel characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, and set the X-Men on the path to becoming the cultural powerhouses they are today. Now, 45 years later, Marvel Comics is honoring this landmark issue in an extraordinary way with the help of 37 of the industry’s top artists. Each pulse-pounding page of this unforgettable issue will be re-envisioned by artists such as Alex Ross, Carmen Carnero, and Mark Brooks. This diverse group of talent have joined together to pay homage to this comic book masterpiece by redrawing Cockrum’s original art in their own unique styles.
Giant-Size X-Men: Tribute to Wein & Cockrum #1 is written by Wein and features art by Alex Ross, Kevin Nowlan, Chris Samnee, Marcus To, Siya Oum, Stephen Segovia, Marguerite Sauvage, Carmen Carnero, Bernard Chang, Aaron Kuder, Takeshi Miyazawa, Juann Cabal, Gurihiru, Mark Brooks, Kris Anka, Phil Noto, Valerio Schiti, Leinil Francis Yu, Matteo Lolli, Ema Lupacchino, Carlos Gómez, Iban Coello, R.B. Silva, Ramon Rosanas, Joshua Cassara, David Baldeón, Marcelo Ferreira, Javier Garrón, Rod Reis, Javier Rodríguez, Marco Checchetto, Jen Bartel, Mike Del Mundo, Rahzzah, Pepe Larraz, and Mike Hawthorne, It features a cover by Adi Granov.
Giant-Size X-Men: Tribute to Wein & Cockrum #1 #1 goes on sale May 27th but you can get your first look at this milestone issue in this special announcement trailer featuring Editor Jordan D. White and Assistant Editor Annalise Bissa!
(W) Nick Spencer (A) Iban Coello (CA) Patrick Gleason Rated T In Shops: Feb 12, 2020 SRP: $3.99
• There’s a new game in town, and the ante is QUITE HIGH! • Welcome to The Palace, a super-villain casino run by the classic (and under-utilized) Spidey-villain CHANCE! It’s got everything a villain could want, including betting on whether your arch-enemy is going to make it through his or her latest super-battle! • Not only will this not sit well with Spidey, but it may just CRUSH him.
Readers will get a chance to dive into some of Marvel’s most exciting titles on this year’s Free Comic Book Day. Marvel will put out two Free Comic Book Day titles, each containing two separate stories. Longtime readers as well as newcomers will be delighted to see our most popular characters from the X-Men to Spider-Man in extraordinary tales by our most acclaimed creators!
Free Comic Book Day 2020: X-Men will feature a brand new X-Men story by Jonathan Hickman and Pepe Larraz that will lead into a game-changing summer for all of X! The second story will also foreshadow an upcoming epic tale by Tom Taylor and Iban Coello.
Free Comic Book Day 2020: Spider-Man/Venom will provide two exciting tales connected to the coming major storylines in Venom, Amazing Spider-Man and Black Cat from top creators Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Jed MacKay, and Patrick Gleason and more!
(W) Nick Spencer (A) Iban Coello (CA) Patrick Gleason Rated T In Shops: Jan 22, 2020 SRP: $3.99
• J. Jonah Jameson kicks off his new life as a podcast host and his first guest? SPIDER-MAN! • JJJ and Spidey have been on pretty good terms for a while now, so it seems fitting that JJJ needs to sabotage it and put the entire city in danger, right? • Don’t miss “My Podcast with Jonah”!
(W) Donny Cates (A) Iban Coello, Jose Carlos Silva (CA) Kyle Hotz Rated T+ In Shops: Nov 27, 2019 SRP: $3.99
• It’s the final tie-in to ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, but that doesn’t mean superstars Donny Cates and Iban Coello are easing up off the gas! • You want to know what happens in this one, True Believers? You’re going to have to read it!
Spider-Man is back in black in this story that takes place before Spider-Man figured out his suit was a symbiote alien.
Story: Peter David Art: Greg Land, Iban Coello Color: Frank D’Armata Ink: Jay Leisten Letterer: Joe Sabino
Get your copy in comic shops now and book stores on November 12! To find a comic shop near you, visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook or digitally and online with the links below.
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with a FREE copy for review This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site
(W) Donny Cates (A) Iban Coello (CA) Kyle Hotz Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 30, 2019 SRP: $3.99
ABSOLUTE CARNAGE TIE-IN! A FAMILY AFFAIR!
• As Carnage rules and chaos reigns, the symbiotic offspring of VENOM make their presence known by hunting Eddie Brock’s son Dylan! • But there’s more to Dylan than Venom, Carnage, or even The Maker understand – and once they learn the truth, nothing will be the same!
(W) Frank Tieri (A) Flaviano (CA) Iban Coello Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 23, 2019 SRP: $3.99
• IN THIS ISSUE: The culmination of a story that’s been building since the stunning events of CULT OF CARNAGE! • Carnage’s doppelgänger army has stormed Manhattan and Misty Knight is trapped beneath the city’s street with the monsters… INCLUDING THE MAN-WOLF! • THE BATTLE FOR THE SOUL OF JOHN JAMESON BEGINS HERE!