(W) Greg Pak (A) Ario Anindito (CA) Rock-He Kim Rated T In Shops: Mar 18, 2020 SRP: $3.99
SWORD OF THE SIRENAS!
• As the tenuous peace with NAMOR collapses, WAVE and AMADEUS search their souls and measure their allegiances – and end up on opposite sides of the war! • What happens when the dream you thought you were defending turns out to be your ally’s greatest nightmare? • Young heroes grapple with impossible conflicts with the fate of three great civilizations in the balance!
(W) Greg Pak (A) Ario Anindito (CA) Mico Suayan Rated T+ In Shops: Feb 19, 2020 SRP: $3.99
THE EARTH WILL SHAKE AND THE WATERS WILL BOIL!
• NAMOR versus BRAWN! A team torn asunder! SWORD MASTER and SHANG-CHI undercover! • Wave caught between the surface world of her birth and the undersea glories of ATLANTIS! And who are the SIRENAS? • The epic clash continues and the AGENTS OF ATLAS — both old and new — will never be the same!
Writer Greg Pak has been building to something with his world of “Agents of Atlas.” Atlantis Attacks #1 brings various pieces together in a miniseries that pits the new superhero team against Namor.
Pak delivers a first issue that gets you to question who the villain really is and how to handle the situation. He also makes sure that it’s friendly for new readers. Text in the credits page will catch you up so that you can enjoy what follows.
The story is decent with our heroes not quite sure what to do about what’s going on as they deal with the threat of Atlantis against their high-tech world. There’s a disaster film tone about the comic. The Agents of Atlas have to scramble to stop tidal waves and evacuate individuals. That need to cover so much at times leads to a choppiness in the narrative.
The art by Ario Anindito is entertaining helping to add to the chaotic disaster feel of it all. There’s a visual sense at times that the heroes really are at a loss as to what to do. Rachelle Rosenberg’s colors help make the issue stand out with a bright hue to it all. There is at times a loss of detail but Anindito and Rosenberg have a lot covered at times and do en excellent job of conveying the blockbuster like action.
The issue is new-reader friendly and should begin a payoff for followers of Pak’s work. The debut is an entertaining one and a nice intro for what’s to come. While it’s not the best Pak has delivered it’s still fun in many ways. Atlantis Attacks #1 gives new heroes the mini-event spotlight they deserve.
Story: Greg Pak Art: Ario Anindito Color: Rachelle Rosenberg Letterer: Joe Sabino Story: 7.0 Art: 7.0 Overall: 7.0 Recommendation:Read
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with a FREE copy for review
(W) Greg Pak (A) Ario Anindito (CA) Rock-He Kim Rated T+ In Shops: Jan 22, 2020 SRP: $3.99
WAR WITH THE WATER KINGDOM!
The armies of ATLANTIS face ATLAS in a showdown destined to shake allegiances and break hearts! AMADEUS CHO, SILK, WAVE, SHANG-CHI, and all the heroes of the Atlas have bonded with each other after the challenges of WAR OF THE REALMS. But when a terrible secret incurs the wrath of KING NAMOR, who’s the true friend — and who’s the true enemy? A titanic tale of love and betrayal, heroes and monsters, gods and underdogs — plus the shocking return of JIMMY WOO and the original AGENTS OF ATLAS!
(W) Shuizhu, Greg Pak, Fonda Lee (A) Ario Anindito (A/CA) Gunji Rated T+ In Shops: Dec 04, 2019 SRP: $3.99
When you run around the Marvel Universe with a big magic sword, you have to expect you’ll eventually get a visit from the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s time for tea and terror with Doctor Strange! Meanwhile, in our second story, co-written by Greg Pak and World Fantasy Award winner Fonda Lee, Shang-Chi and Lin Lie learn the true secrets of the dragon son of Ares!
(W) Shuizhu, Greg Pak, Fonda Lee (A) Ario Anindito (A/CA) Gunji Rated T+ In Shops: Nov 06, 2019 SRP: $3.99
MAGICIANS AND GODS!
• LIN LIE’S magic sword draws the attention of his greatest opponent yet — BARON MORDO! • And when Mordo hits the scene, can the SORCERER SUPREME himself be far behind? • Meanwhile, in our second story, can SHANG-CHI and Sword Master overcome their suspicion and pride in time to thwart the threat of the GODS OF MADRIPOOR?
(W) Shuizhu, Greg Pak (A) Ario Anindito (A/CA) Gunji Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 02, 2019 SRP: $3.99
• LIN LIE delves 5000 years into the past to uncover the legendary origins of his magic sword — and finally discovers his connection to the mysterious huntress JI SHUANG SHUANG! • Meanwhile, in our second story, SHANG-CHI faces a teacher’s greatest nightmare. Can he trust Lin Lie in the fight against ARES, GOD OF WAR — or must Shang-Chi wield the black sword himself?
(W) Shuizhu, Greg Pak (A) Ario Anindito (A/CA) Gunji Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 11, 2019 SRP: $3.99
GODS OF WAR!
• SWORD MASTER faces the fight of his life against a mysterious warrior woman in our time – and a horrifying battle against CHIYOU, THE GOD OF WAR, in the past! • What’s real and what’s a nightmare – and what does it reveal about the true nature of LIN LIE’S terrifying sword? • Meanwhile, in New York, Sword Master and SHANG-CHI face an entirely different God of War in a conflict that could precipitate a massive shift of power in Marvel’s mighty pantheons!
(W) Shuizhu, Greg Pak (A) Ario Anindito (A/CA) Gunji Rated T+ In Shops: Aug 14, 2019 SRP: $3.99
WHO’S YOUR MASTER NOW?
• SWORD MASTER’S origin story continues as he battles a demon from beyond – and awakens his black blade for the first time! • But will the awakened sword prove more bloodthirsty than the demons themselves? • And in our second story, SHANG-CHI and LIN LIE team up to search for Lin’s father. But Lin’s rashness and Shang-Chi’s suspicion of all things magic set the stage for doom!
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with a FREE copy for review This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site