Kelly Thompson and Meredith McClaren launch the fantasy mystery Black Cloak in January 2023
Writer Kelly Thompson and artist Meredith McClaren will launch the mystery/fantasy mashup Black Cloak. This ongoing series will be brought to print and land on shelves in January 2023 from Image Comics.
Blade Runner style mixes with Saga-esque drama in a delectable fantasy/sci-fi blend as two Black Cloaks try to solve the murder of a beloved prince in Kiros—the last city in the known world—before his murder tips the city into war. The mystery begins in a spectacular triple-length first issue hitting shelves in the New Year.
The print edition of Black Cloak #1 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, January 11:
- Cover A by Meredith McClaren – Diamond Code NOV220018
- Cover B by Jeff Dekal – Diamond Code NOV220019
- Cover C by Christian Ward – Diamond Code NOV220020
- Cover D by Peach Momoko – Diamond Code NOV220021
- Cover E by Tula Lotay – Diamond Code NOV220022
- Cover F by Tula Lotay – Diamond Code NOV220023