BOOM! Launches Bad Mask in November, an All-New Mulitmedia Graphic Novel Experience
BOOM! Studios has announced Bad Mask, an all-new multimedia graphic novel experience debuting this November in comic shops and bookstores. Created by cartoonist, children’s books illustrator, and instructor at the Center for Cartoon Studies Jon Chad, Bad Mask takes readers on an immersive, unpredictable storytelling journey into an original superhero universe through a variety of unique print and digital items, including a comic, newspaper, handbook, and more, packaged in a gorgeous deluxe box set.
The items contained in the box include:
- A letter from one of the Great Generals of Bad Mask, explaining the contents of the box and introducing us to the world of Bad Mask.
- A comic book that introduces readers to Bad Mask’s archenemy, Metal Metro.
- A set of Metal Metro trading cards that introduces new characters and new mysteries.
- The Bad Mask Handbook, explaining the organization’s motivation and goals.
- The Meeting Notes introducing readers to the planning and imminent action leading up to Bad Mask’s attack on the Japanese city of Niigata with a mecha.
- A Newspaper that details the attack on Niigata and tells what happened when Metal Metro arrived to defend the city with its own mecha.
- A Magazine containing articles about how Metal Metro has impacted every aspect of life in the world—and not necessarily always for good.
- The Incident Report about an attack on Arctus Evil—Bad Mask’s headquarters—that reveals more of what is really going on and how Metal Metro is involved.
- Plus, Digital Components that readers can access online: videos, comics, letters, Livejournal-type entries, and audio.
Bad Mask first debuted exclusively in in the BOOM! Box 2015 Mix Tape, told in the form of Gabrielle’s comic journal “Gab Mask,” where she discusses her life and her controversial opinions on the terrorist group Bad Mask.