Betrayal at House on the Hill Board Game Gets Eagerly Anticipated Expansion
Home renovations have never been so exciting. For more than a decade, the iconic, semi-cooperative board game Betrayal at House on the Hill has been terrifying explorers who dare cross its threshold. Will you be trapped in the Pentagram Chamber, transfixed by the haunting melody of a lone fiddler or unearthing a portal to Hell as the old home crumbles around you? Now this beloved board game classic gets even more treacherous as some of gaming and entertainment’s greatest minds join forces in creating its first ever expansion, Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow’s Walk, releasing this fall.
Designed by Betrayal’s original lead developer Mike Selinker and his team at Lone Shark Games, in partnership with Wizards of the Coast, the new expansion includes:
- 50 brand new haunts penned by an all-star cast of contributors including:
- Max Temkin and Eli Halpern, co-creators of Cards Against Humanity
- Pendleton Ward, Emmy Award-winning cartoonist
- Mikey Neumann, chief creative champion for Borderlands
- Jerry Holkins, co-creator of the Penny Arcade webcomic
- Angela Webber, one half of the nerd pop duo The Doubleclicks
- Justin Gary, co-designer of Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
- 20 new room tiles, including a never before explored new floor, the roof
- 30 new cards, including 11 items, 11 events, and 8 omens
- 78 new tokens including a new set of possession tokens that allow you to track your explorer’s progress
The expanded house pits explorers against a litany of terrifying horrors like the Fleshchild, the evil clown Knick-Knack, and a vengeful little girl hell-bent on playing a deadly game of hide-and-seek.