Picks of the Week: The Movement #1 and 12 more!
Really the picks this week should be all of the awesome comic books being released for Free Comic Book Day this Saturday… but, when it comes to comics for sale, The Movement #1 is our pick for this week.
We are faceless. We are limitless. We see all. And we do not forgive.
Who defends the powerless against the GREEDY and the CORRUPT? Who protects the homeless and poverty-stricken from those who would PREY upon them in the DARK OF NIGHT?
When those who are sworn to protect us abuse their power, when toxic government calls down super-human lackeys to force order upon the populace…finally, there is a force, a citizen’s army, to push order BACK.
Let those who abuse the system know this as well: We have our OWN super humans now. They are not afraid of your badges or Leagues. And they will not be SILENCED.
We are your neighbors. We are your co-workers. And we are your children.
Writer Gail Simone and artist Freddie Williams II take on the 99% within the DC Universe.
- The Movement #1 – see above
- The Activity #12 – The heart pounding series is flying under the radar. It’s kick-ass covert action from America’s kick-ass military teams. This issue focuses on one of the character’s previous stint in Delta Force.
- Age of Ultron #7 – I’ve generally been down on this event, but the last issue kicked it up a notch with some actual action and story movement. After the actions of last issue, I have no idea what to expect now.
- All-New X-Men #11 – One team member has left to join Cyclops and lets see how the rest react.
- Charismagic Vol. 2 #1 – Part of Aspen’s “10 for 10” means a $1 issue of the debut issue of the second volume of this excellent series.
- Fubar: American History Z – This alternative American history is full of zombie goodness. An awesome indie comic series.
- Hawkeye #10 – This is one of the best series out there people, now read it!
- Invincible Universe #2 – Want a solid super hero series not by the big two? Well, here you go.
- Polarity #2 – The first issue knocked it out of the park dealing with a bi-polar artist. A solid debut, so get into it while you can!
- The Red Ten #3 – Ten Little Indians done with super heroes. Yes please. Another awesome indie comic.
- Suicide Risk #1 – A new ongoing by Mike Carey sees a cop take on super powered villains.
- Superior Spider-Man #9 – Dan Slott has me enjoy Spider-Man, which is impressive. One of my favorite Marvel NOW! comics.
- Ten Grand #1 – It’s the return of Joe’s Comics with a new series by J. Michael Straczynski and Ben Templesmith involving a mob enforcer who wants to be with his love.