Marvel Entertainment and Susan G. Komen For The Cure Debut New Art For National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Marvel Entertainment and Susan G. Komen for the Cure are again teaming up to release “pink” covers raising awareness this October for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Today they revealed the complete lineup of all-new covers and the original advertorial that will be released during the month.
Additionally, Marvel is proud to unveil a special one page advertorial running throughout its super hero comics in October to raise awareness of breast cancer in men. This advertorial will also be featured on www.marvel.com and distributed via social media channels.
The following comic books, on-sale in October, will feature special Susan G. Komen variant covers:
- AVENGERS #31 KOMEN VARIANT by Pasqual Ferry & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #18 KOMEN VARIANT by Dale Keown & Frank D’Armata [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #5 KOMEN VARIANT by Joe Quiñones [on sale 10/107]
- FANTASTIC FOUR #611 KOMEN VARIANT by John Tyler Christopher [on sale 10/10]
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #526 KOMEN VARIANT by Paul Renaud [on sale 10/10]
- THE MIGHTY THOR #21 KOMEN VARIANT by Mike Perkins & Sonia Oback [on sale 10/17]
- UNCANNY X-MEN #20 KOMEN VARIANT by David Marquez & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/17]
- WOLVERINE #315 KOMEN VARIANT by Ben Ang & Edgar Delgado [on sale 10/24]
While we praise Marvel for getting involved and raising awareness of the issue, the teaming up with Komen is rife with issues we’ve covered in the past.