Baltimore Comic Con 2010 Recap
We’ll have lots of videos, reviews and in-depth highlights coming over the week, but let me first say Baltimore Comic Con is a fantastic show. I haven’t been to a comics focused show in a long time, and this was a hell of a show to dive back into the comics convention scene with. Here’s my thoughts off the top of my head.
- BCCC is heavily focused on writers, artists and independents with a healthy mix of shops. It’s great to see this as I geeked out seeing legends some of my favorite current writers and artists in person.
- The show backed up what I originally saw at Gen Con, vampires are out and zombies are in.
- The Top Cow folks, especially Ron Marz (more on that later) are as fantastic in person as they are to deal with online/virtually. It was great meeting them in person and I can’t wait to see them all again in New York in October.
- It was great to finally meet Len Wallace in person. We gave his comic Love Buzz our first perfect 10 and named it the best graphic novel of 2009. Go buy it on Amazon right now!
- Local shows are where you need to go to find lots of independent comics in one place and the bonus is you get to talk to the creators in person.
Check out all of the great of the great stuff we brought back (we’ll be busy for a while).