It’s a deadly family reunion for Marvel’s greatest fighter when the mysterious Five Weapons Society resurfaces next month in Shang-Chi #1! This all new series, written by Gene Luen Yang and artists Dike Ruan and Philip Tan, will propel Shang-Chi into a brand-new era, boldly redefining his origin and mythos.
To celebrate Shang-Chi’s grand return, a host of all-star talents have showcased the hero in stunning variant covers, including artist Benjamin Su. The Pixar animator makes his Marvel Comics debut with a stunning cover depicting the Avenger assuming fighting stance as he bravely faces off against an army of new enemies. Don’t miss this action-packed new era of Shang-Chi when it kicks off next month!
Shang-Chi is back this September in an all-new series by Eisner Award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang with incredible art by Dike Ruan and Philip Tan. Shang-Chi #1 will be an action-packed start to a redefining new chapter for Marvel’s popular hero that will greatly expand the fascinating mythos that surrounds Shang-Chi and his family.
When an ancient and evil secret society emerges from the shadows, Shang-Chi will be called upon to lead, forcing him to return to a dark and destructive world he thought he left behind. See him prepare for the fight of his life in acclaimed Korean artist InHyuk Lee’s stunning variant cover. Known for his incredible digital artwork and art style, the world-renowned artist’s new cover is oozing with intensity as Shang-Chi faces his dangerous new mission. InHyuk Lee’s cover joins more stunning Shang-Chi variants by top talents like Ron Lim and more – to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Check the cover out below, and pick up the latest chapter in the legend of Shang-Chi when Shang-Chi #1 hits stands next month!
The breakout characters from Avengers: Infinity War are getting their own limited series picking up from Avengers: No Surrender.
Written by Derek Landy, with art by Phillip Tan, ink by Marc Deering, Guillermo Ortega, Le Beau Underwood, color by Jay David Ramos, and lettering by VC’ Clayton Cowles, the villains take the spotlight!
Get your copy in comic shops Wednesday November 14. To find a comic shop near you, visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook or digitally and online with the links below.
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with FREE copies for review
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site
New Super-Man #14
(W) Gene Luen Yang (A) Billy Tan (CA) Philip Tan
In Shops: Aug 09, 2017
“SHANGHAI UNDER SEIGE” Part 2 The Justice League of China retains one final chance to rally its forces and begin a counterattack in villain-occupied Shanghai as Emperor Super-Man conquers the city. As Kenan fights to save his city and its people, a final casualty shakes the young hero to his solid-steel core.
Image Comics had a banner year in 2014, launching numerous high-profile, well received, projects from some of the industry’s top creators. Today’s Image Expo was not just a look back at was, but what will be coming, as the publisher attempts to take its momentum and capture even more of the market share.
- The publisher has introduced $9.99 Volume Ones that create an easy and cheap access point for those interested in exploring any of these series
- Image Has been awarded the Diamond Comics’ Publisher of the Year Gem Award for the second year in a row
- Image finished the year with a double-digit market share
- Image has announced a $2.99 price point
- They reported a double digit year-to-year growth from 2013
- Image had a 16.48% market share for graphic novels in the book market in 2014
- Savior asks what if the most dangerous man on Earth was also the one trying to do the most good? Announced by Todd McFarlane, by Brian Holguin.
- Paul Jenkins has been announced as the new writer for Spawn.
- James Robninson and Phillip Tan announce a new sci-fi series where humans go to war with God called Heaven.
- Starve is announced by Brian Wood, Danijel Zezelj, and Dave Stewart
- Black Road is announced by Brian Wood and Gary Brown.
- 8House is mentioned, it’s created by Brandon Graham with art by Marion Churchland, Emma Rios, Hwei Lim and more. This series has been mentioned at previous events.
- Brandon Graham announces Island, a new comics magazine.
- Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Rios’ series Pretty Deadly will return with a second arc set during World War I.
- Emi Lenox‘s travelogue graphic novel set in Japan Tadaima was announced.
- Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire will bring us A.D. After Death.
- Jeff Lemire also has Plutona with Emi Lenox and Jordie Bellaire about a group of kids who find a dead super hero in the woods.
- We Stand on Guard by Brian K. Vaughan and Scott Skrooce has “giant fucking robots”
- Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda bring us Monstrous
- Brian Buccellato and Tony Infante team up for Son of the Devil
- Eric Canete and Jon Tsuei announce Run Love Kill
- Kieron Gillen, and David LaFuente are blessing us with The Ludocrats
- No Mercy by Alex DeCampi, Carla McNeil, and Jenn Manley Lee is announced
- Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie‘s The Wicked + The Divine will have guest artists focusing on individual gods.
- Chip Zdarsky and Kagan McLeod have Kaptara coming, which he calls a “gay Saga,” a sci-fi comedy series where they can do “whatever (they) want”
- Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie will bring us Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl which will be a final statement to those characters
- Darwyn Cooke returns to Image with Revengeance
- Skottie Young‘s I Hate Fairyland has been announced
- Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang will bring us Paper Girls where four 12-year-old girls experience something very strange the day after Halloween
We’ll provide more information as it is released.