DC Reveals its Milestone Talent Development Program Participants
DC, Milestone Media, WarnerMedia, and Ally revealed its plans for The Milestone Initiative Talent Development Program. The program begins March 15 and includes 24 individuals. You can find out more about them here and see the list below.
The 10-week program offers participants the chance to learn from industry experts to sharpen their storytelling skills. The training program includes virtual instruction through the Kubert School as well as an in-person seminar at DC’s offices in Burbank, CA.
- Jim Lee – Publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC
- Marie Javins – VP, Editor-in-Chief, DC
- Chris Conroy – Editor, DC
- Benjamin Le Clear – DC Staff Historian & Archivist
- Marquis Draper – Assistant Editor, DC
- Reggie Hudlin & Denys Cowan – Milestone creators, Milestone Media
- Karen Horne – SVP, Equity and Inclusion, WarnerMedia
- Erica Hughes – Director, Multicultural Marketing, Ally
The goal of the program is to empower the next generation of diverse comic book creators and increase the focus on representation and diversity in media.
The class of creators includes:
- Andrea Rosales, Portland OR
- Ashley Allen, Orono MN
- Atagun Ilhan, Syracuse NY
- Charles Stewart III, Washington D.C.
- Cheryl Lynn Eaton, New York NY
- Daimon Hampton, Chicago IL
- Dorado Quick, Inglewood CA
- Greg Burnham, Norcross GA
- Gregory Maldonado, Bronx NY
- Jarod Pratt, Detroit MI
- Jarred Luján, Del Rio TX
- Jerome Rhett, Charleston SC
- Jordan Clark, Baltimore MD
- Julio Anta, Miami FL
- Kameron White, Houston TX
- Lucas Silveira, Indianapolis IN
- Marcus Smith, Chicago IL
- Miguel Hernández, Cleveland OH
- Morgan Hampton, Chicago IL
- Nathaniel Cayanan, Corona CA
- Petterson Oliveira, Naples FL
- Tiah Ankum, Atlanta GA
- Yasmín Flores Montañez, Toa Alta PR
- Zipporah Smith, Los Angeles CA
Congrats to all!