This July, readers will get a chance to dive into some of Marvel’s most exciting new titles with brand-new stories for free at participating comic shops! Originally part of May’s Free Comic Book Day, Marvel will be now be releasing two never-before-seen titles for fans to get a first look at some of Marvel’s biggest upcoming events. Each issue will contain two separate extraordinary tales involving the X-Men, Spider-Man, and more by Marvel’s most acclaimed creators!
Available on July 15, Free Comic Book Day 2020: X-Men will feature a brand-new X-MEN story by Jonathan Hickman and Pepe Larraz that will lead into the game-changing X OF Swords crossover! The second story will also foreshadow an upcoming epic tale by Tom Taylor and Iban Coello. The comic will be available on July 15.
And on July 22, Free Comic Book Day 2020: Spider-Man/Venom will provide two exciting tales connected to the coming major storylines in Venom, Amazing Spider-Man, and Black Cat from top creators Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Jed MacKay, and Patrick Gleason and more! The comic will be released on July 22.
The comics will be available to retailers as part of their “Back in Action” program.
The Infinity Stones have played a key role in some of the Marvel Universe’s most defining moments, and now they’ve returned in the hands of Marvel’s most popular new characters. The chase for the powerful Infinity Stones will play out in Infinite Destinies, launching this summer!
In a series of eight annuals, each installment will pair Marvel’s biggest heroes like Captain America and Iron Man with some of Marvel’s newest heroes and villains including Star, Amulet, and more. These exciting new additions to the Marvel mythos may or may not possess one of the sought after stones — but the real question will be who will be holding them in the end, and what will it mean for the future of the Marvel Universe?
Writer Jed MacKay and artist Ibraim Roberson kick things off in Iron Man Annual #1. When Iron Man learns about the strange people who kidnapped and tortured Miles Morales, he HAS to look into it. What he finds out about the Assessor and especially Quantum will shock him…and you!
Writer Gerry Duggan and artist Marco Castiello will then turn the focus on the fugitive known as Overtime in Captain America Annual #1. After breaking out of death row when the Time Stone chose to bond with his soul, Overtime was gifted powers he barely understood. Now, thanks to Captain America… his time is up.
Each annual will also contain a chapter of “Super-Spy vs. Super-Spy,” a story following Nick Fury as the Agent of Nothing and Phil Coulson as the Agent of Mephisto — two brothers-in-arms who will face off and reunite for the first time since Coulson’s death.
The Infinity Stones and their abilities have always been shrouded in mystery, but one thing is for certain: where these stones go, trouble follows. Expect cataclysmic battles, shocking twists, and jaw dropping revelations about some of Marvel’s most promising new characters when Infinite Destinies begins this June! Stay tuned for announcements about other Infinite Destinies annuals coming in July and August from Marvel’s top talent including Kelly Thompson and Saladin Ahmed.
(W) Jed MacKay (A) Zé Carlos (CA) Dave Rapoza Rated T In Shops: Mar 04, 2020 SRP: $3.99
• The conclusion to SPIDER-VERSE is here! • All the various threads of this series (Miles Morales, Spider-Man Noir, SP//dr, Webslinger, Spider-Ma’am, and all the other Spider-People and Spider-Sonas) come together to re-spin the Web of Life and Destiny! • But the journey won’t be easy, so don’t be surprised if all the spiders don’t make it through alive!
(W) Jed MacKay (A) Kris Anka (CA) J. Scott Campbell Rated T In Shops: Mar 04, 2020 SRP: $3.99
• Felicia and Logan on the run from all matter of Madripoorian murder squads! • Kade Kilgore, former head of the Hellfire Club, current boss of the criminal capital of the world, has marked them for death and you won’t believe who comes to collect!
Readers will get a chance to dive into some of Marvel’s most exciting titles on this year’s Free Comic Book Day. Marvel will put out two Free Comic Book Day titles, each containing two separate stories. Longtime readers as well as newcomers will be delighted to see our most popular characters from the X-Men to Spider-Man in extraordinary tales by our most acclaimed creators!
Free Comic Book Day 2020: X-Men will feature a brand new X-Men story by Jonathan Hickman and Pepe Larraz that will lead into a game-changing summer for all of X! The second story will also foreshadow an upcoming epic tale by Tom Taylor and Iban Coello.
Free Comic Book Day 2020: Spider-Man/Venom will provide two exciting tales connected to the coming major storylines in Venom, Amazing Spider-Man and Black Cat from top creators Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Jed MacKay, and Patrick Gleason and more!
(W) Jed MacKay (A) Kris Anka (CA) J. Scott Campbell Rated T In Shops: Feb 05, 2020 SRP: $3.99
• Felicia has gotten into some trouble in New York. Some may call it “inciting a war” but we aren’t here to mince words. What’s a girl to do? • GO TO MADRIPOOR! That’s right, the Black Cat and her crew go to Madripoor to steal the next object on their list. No problem, just another artifact that is in the private collection of someone named… where’d I put that note… oh, here. Someone named “Patch.” • Uh-oh. Patch is Wolverine. BLACK CAT IS STEALING FROM WOLVERINE?! • All this and guest-artist KRIS ANKA (UNCANNY X-MEN, RUNAWAYS) is joining the book for two issues!
(W) Jed MacKay (A) Dike Ruan, Annie Wu (CA) J. Scott Campbell Rated T In Shops: Jan 08, 2020 SRP: $3.99
• Black Cat and the Thieves Guild are now in an all-out WAR! • In wars, there are casualties and Felicia needs to get someone she loves out of the city immediately. • But can she trust THE BEETLE (fresh off her AMAZING SPIDER-MAN supporting role) to help her?
Felica Hardy, aka the Black Cat, is back and on the run from the New York Thieves Guild but that’s not stopping her from doing what she does best. That’s stealing things!
Story: Jed MacKay, Nao Fuji Art: Travel Foreman, Michael Dowling, Nao Fuji Color: Brian Reber Letterer: Ferran Delgado
Get your copy in comic shops now and in book stores on January 14! To find a comic shop near you, visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook or digitally and online with the links below.
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with a FREE copy for review This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site
(W) Jed MacKay (A) Travel Foreman (CA) J. Scott Campbell Rated T In Shops: Dec 04, 2019 SRP: $3.99
• The Black Cat finally takes on Odessa Drake and the Thieves Guild of New York! • If Felicia has any chance of getting back her kidnapped mentor, The Black Fox, she’s going to have to take on an army of ninjas and a cabal of wizards. No sweat, right?