GLAAD has announced the nominees for the 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards. The awards honor media for “fair, accurate, and inclusive representations of LGBTQ people and issues”. The awards began in 1990 and this year features 198 nominees in 28 categories.
Award recipients will be announced during a virtual ceremony scheduled for April 2021.
Below are the nominees in the comic category. You can get the full list of nominees at the GLAAD website.
The Old Guard, based on the comic series by Greg Rucka, Leandro Fernández, Daniela Miwa, and Jodi Wynne was nominated for “Outstanding Film – Wide Release“.
Harley Quinn, the HBO MAX/DC Universe animated series based on the DC Comics character created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini was nominated in “Outstanding Comedy Series“.
Supergirl, based on the DC Comics character, Wynonna Earp based on the character created by Beau Smith, and The Umbrella Academy based on the comic by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá were nominated for “Outstanding Drama Series”.
Outstanding Comic Book
- Empyre, Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling, Empyre: Aftermath Avengers, written by Al Ewing, Dan Slott, Chip Zdarsky, Anthony Oliveira, Valerio Schiti, Manuel Garcia, (Marvel Comics)
- Far Sector, written by N.K. Jemisin, Jamal Campbell, and Deron Bennett (DC Comics)
- Guardians of the Galaxy, written by Al Ewing and Marcio Takara (Marvel Comics)
- Juliet Takes a Breath, written by Gabby Rivera and Celia Moscote (BOOM! Studios)
- Lois Lane, written by Greg Rucka, Juan Cabal, and Mike Perkins (DC Comics)
- The Magic Fish, written by Trung Le Nguyen (Random House Graphic)
- Suicide Squad, written by Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo (DC Comics)
- Wynd, written by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas (BOOM! Studios)
- X-Factor, written by Leah Williams and David Baldeon (Marvel Comics)
- You Brought Me the Ocean, written by Alex Sanchez and Julie Maroh (DC Comics)