(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Phil Noto
In Shops: Nov 14, 2018
• As DAREDEVIL’s crusade against the Kingpin moves into its endgame, the stakes have never been higher.
• But a mysterious new villain has arrived in Hell’s Kitchen, with Daredevil squarely in his sights…
(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Phil Noto
In Shops: Oct 31, 2018
• Determined to prove the Kingpin cheated his way into the mayor’s office, Matt is pulling out all the stops!
• His resolve has set him down a path that will either tear down the Kingpin’s empire or will cost Matt everything.
• When the final bell rings, only Fisk or Murdock will be left standing!
Logan is alive again – let’s see if he can stay that way!
If the first issue was the 15 minutes before the credits role, Return of Wolverine #2 is the action sequence we’re thrown into right after the credits wrap up. Logan is in pursuit of the mysterious individuals that have kidnapped a kid and… that’s about it really.
Writer Charles Soule gives us a frustrating issue that is generally just one long pursuit. It’s a setting for Logan to remind us he doesn’t remember who he is, then have glimpses of someone he might know, and reveals his claws now get hot. Yes, flaming claws. That, and the particularly weird portrayal of Logan in his dialogue makes for a comic that feels like a 90s James Bond sequence than anything with Wolverine in it.
Declan Shalvey‘s art, with color by Laura Martin and lettering by VC’s Joe Sabino, can’t help the issue which is generally boring and forgettable. There’s actually not a whole lot to work with for the artistic team as a lot of the issue is on a boat pursuing another boat. But, when given opportunities to do something interesting, a mental shock a fight scene, it all is rather boring. Nothing stands out in the art or the panel layout.
The issue feels like it’s phone in. The major aspects to it is the reveal of Logan’s new claws and the ending, which I won’t revealed but isn’t Earth shattering either. It’s not bad, it’s just rather boring and feels like it’s a few pages stretched out for 22. There’s also Wolverine not really acting like Wolverine and hell, not even struggling a whole lot not remembering. We’ve seen him struggle more in this sort of situation in the past. There’s a tone in character and story that feels rather off.
There’s a lot to go so maybe this is a bump in a road but after a surprisingly good first issue, this is quite a few steps back.
Story: Charles Soule Art: Declan Shalvey Color: Laura Martin Lettering: Joe Sabino Story: 5.0 Art: 6.5 Overall: 5.5 Recommendation: Pass
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with a FREE copy for review
(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Phil Noto
In Shops: Oct 17, 2018
• The eleventh hour draws near as Matt Murdock prepares to square off against the Kingpin of Crime!
• Matt is forced to ask himself how long he can take hits against the ropes as Daredevil before he has to hang up the horns.
• But first, Matt will have to embark on a crusade to free the city of New York from Wilson Fisk’s mayoral reign!
Are you a Star Wars fan? Do you enjoy good storytelling? Comics? Then Marvel‘s Darth Vader comics are for you! Volume 3 of the series, The Burning Seas features three stories covering issues #13-18 and Annual #2.
Darth Vader Vol. 3 The Burning Seas features Charles Soule, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Daniele Orlandini, David Curiel Java Tartaglia, Guru-eFX, Joe Caramagna, Elia Bonetti, Chuck Wendig, Leonard Kirk, Walden Wong, Scott Hanna, and Nolan Woodard.
Get your copy in comic shops and book stores now. To find a comic shop near you, visit www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook or digitally and online with the links below.
Marvel provided Graphic Policy with FREE copies for review This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site
Marvel has been teasing something big for Daredevil with “The End” but now it’s official that writer Charles Soule will be wrapping up his run with a four issue story arc called “The Death of Daredevil.” With artist Phil Noto, Matt Murdock’s darkest chapter yet end in Daredevil #612 and kicks off in Daredevil #609.
In over fifty issues, Soule has added a lot to the character with these moments sticking out to him.
Matt Murdock arguing before the Supreme Court
Brother Jordan and Ordo Draconum
Bringing Mike Murdock “back to life”
His finale continues the “long tradition of Daredevil writers doing everything they can to screw with the next writer.” Yes, he decided to kill Matt Murdock.
HE’S BACK, BUB! The X-Men’s resident maverick returns September 19th in Return of Wolverine #1! But where has Logan been? Powerhouse creators Charles Soule and Steve McNiven reunite since their astounding Death of Wolverine saga, completing the quest that uncovers the terrible secrets behind Logan’s disappearance! And now that Logan is alive, it’ll cost him everything to stay that way!
For a limited time, you can get a behind-the-scenes peek at this can’t-miss 5-part event…by purchasing #1! Those who have preordered or purchased a digital copy of Return of Wolverine #1 or subscribed to the series via the Digital Comics Shop or Marvel Comics App before 9/25, 11:59 PM ET, will be eligible to receive a promotional code for a FREE copy of Return of Wolverine (2018-) #1 Director’s Cut, delivered to your inbox by 9/26*!
This exclusive content will feature: a draft of #1’s script by Charles Soule, inked pages, color pages, a variant cover gallery, never-before-seen character designs and MORE! Preview the brutal, bloody world of the X-Men’s most steadfast hero…who’s about to enter his most savage struggle for survival yet! Limited time offer, act now!
* Limited time offer. You must purchase or pre-order a digital copy of Return Of Wolverine (2018-) #1 or subscribe to the series via the Digital Comics Shop or Marvel Comics App before 11:59 p.m. (ET) September 25th, 2018 to be eligible to receive a promotional code for a free copy of Return Of Wolverine (2018-) #1 Director’s Cut. Offer is limited to one per account. You will receive an e-mail from comiXology with instructions on how to redeem the promotional code on 9/26/18. The offer expires on 12/31/18. ComiXology reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is valid for one-time use only, is non-transferable and may not be resold. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Image Comics is celebrating Banned Books Week with the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and The Graphic Novels and Comics Round Table of the American Library Association by producing a week of Library Livestreams featuring creators Nick Dragotta, Grace Ellis, Pornsak Pichetshote, Charles Soule, and Skottie Young.
Libraries around the country are invited to welcome their patrons for these exciting creator conversations during Banned Books Week, the annual celebration of the freedom to read, which runs from September 23rd-29th. Each Image Comics Library Livestream will be a freewheeling discussion on creativity, freedom of expression, and the power of storytelling that library patrons around the world will be able to enjoy.
IMAGE COMICS LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE:
Presented by Image Comics with The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and The Graphic Novels and Comics Round Table of the American Library Association, the Image Comics Library Livestreams feature:
Pornsak Pichetshote – Tuesday, Sept. 25th
Nick Dragotta – Wednesday, Sept. 26th
Grace Ellis – Thursday, Sept. 27th
Charles Soule – Friday, Sept. 28th
Skottie Young – Saturday, Sept. 29th
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Simply visit the Image Comics Twitch page. All webinars will run from 7-8pm EST and will include a discussion between moderator and creator for 40-45 minutes, followed by 15-20 minutes of Q&A participation with the live audience. No registration is required to view these livestreams.