The Jack Kirby Museum is Hosting a Virtual Event: 3 Days For 103
Jack Kirby, the co-creator of Captain America, The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, and many other pop culture icons, played an indispensable role in the emergence of comics as an art form. Kirby is to comics what Hitchcock or Spielberg are to movies, Babe Ruth is to baseball, or The Beatles are to rock n’ roll. Not only was Kirby incredibly prolific and influential, but he was an innovator whose work has come to define fantastic storytelling in comics and beyond.
To mark the 103rd anniversary of Jack Kirby’s birth, the Jack Kirby Museum and Research Center will host a three-day virtual event, celebrating the life, legacy, and boundless creativity of the King of Comics. “3 Days for 103” will be streamed live to YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter (Periscope) August 28-30, from 11 AM until 7 PM.
The ever evolving list of guests includes:
- Tracy Kirby and Jeremy Kirby, two of Jack Kirby’s grandchildren
- Ray Wyman, Jr., Author of The Art of Jack Kirby
- Erik Larsen, Savage Dragon perpetrator
- Jean Depelley, Kirby biographer
- James Romberger, artist and writer
- Tom Scioli, cartoonist, Kirby biographer
- Bechara Maalouf, original art dealer
- David Russell, concept and storyboard artist
- Sydney Heifler, Romance Comics scholar
- Rob Liefeld, Comic Book Artist, creator of Deadpool, Cable and more
- Barry Ira Geller, Lord of Light producer
- Kate Willaert, “Kirby without Words”
- Abraham Riesman, Stan Lee biographer
…with more to be announced.
- Online birthday party at 7 PM Friday August 28th, with special guests
- Dramatic reading of the Simon & Kirby classic Romance story “Different!” directed by Lois Dilivio
- A peek into the Museum’s digital archive