Disney Announces New Movie Releases Dates Shifting Marvel’s Plans
With COVID-19 closing down theaters, Disney has been forced to shift the release dates of numerous films, impacting the future of Marvel Studios as well.
The movie studio has announced that Black Widow will now arrive on November 6, 2020, while The Eternals will be released on February 12, 2021.
What’s interesting is this signals Disney’s expectations that things will be somewhat back to normal in November. The earliest film on their new release schedule is in June 2020 and many areas haven’t predicted issues into May.
It is also pulling the film Artemis Fowl from theaters and it will debut exclusively on Disney+ in the future.
More “comic” films under the Disney umbrella have been pushed. The King’s Man which is a 20th Century Studios film will release in September 2020. That film is a spin-off of Kingsman based on the comic series. Empty Man, another 20th Century Studios film based on the BOOM! Studios‘ series, will be released on August 7, 2020.
Below are all of the named comic related releases below:
- Empty Man (20th Century Studios)—August 7, 2020
- The King’s Man (20th Century Studios)—September 18, 2020
- Black Widow (Marvel Studios)—November 6, 2020
- The Eternals (Marvel Studios)—February 12, 2021
- Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Marvel Studios)—May 7, 2021
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Marvel Studios)—November 5, 2021
- Nimona (20th Century Studios)—January 14, 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder (Marvel Studios)—February 18, 2022
- Black Panther 2 (Marvel Studios)—May 6, 2022
- Captain Marvel 2 (Marvel Studios)—July 8, 2022
- Untitled Marvel—October 7, 2022