Awesome Con returns to Washington, D.C. April 26 – April 28
The seventh annual Awesome Con by LeftField Media, will unite 80,000 fans of comics, technology and science, television and film, custom art, over-the-top cosplay, and more at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center from Friday, April 26 through Sunday, April 28, 2019. The convention floor and panel rooms will buzz with hundreds of hours’ worth of programs including: celebrities and experts hosting panels and exclusive reveals; cosplay fashion shows; gaming tournaments; iconic pop culture memorabilia collections; and as always, a diverse array of activities for the whole family.
Family-friendly pavilion Awesome Con Jr presented by the Toy Association returns with even more playful events planned to educate and entertain kids of all ages and parents alike. Smithsonian partners up with Awesome Con once again to present Future Con, a science pavilion showcasing the intersection between science and science fiction with tech demonstrations, experts discussing everything from dystopia to scientific advancement, and more. Back for the third year is Pride Alley presented in partnership with Geeks OUT and Washington Blade, shining a spotlight on LGBTQ creators and fans in an even more robust section of Artist Alley and presenting special programs discussing diversity in pop culture.
In addition to returning esteemed comics publishers such as DC Comics and Third Eye Comics, for the first time at Awesome Con, Dark Horse Comics, and Oni Press will be onsite. Attendees will have the opportunity to stop by their panels for special announcements and exclusives.
With Awesome Con 2019 hosting more energetic programs, more globally recognized special guests, and presenting more exclusive previews and announcements to attendees than ever before, it continues to grow into a standout annual destination – and unite fans at one of the largest pop culture events in the country.
WHEN: Friday, April 26; exhibit hall hours 12pm – 8pm, programming until 10pm
Saturday, April 27; exhibit hall hours 10am – 7pm, programming until 10pm
Sunday, April 28; exhibit hall hours 10am – 5pm
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt. Vernon Pl NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, Glory, Saw, Robin Hood Men In Tights)
- Val Kilmer (Top Gun, Batman Forever, Willow)
- John Barrowman (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Arrow)
- Jon Bernthal (Punisher, Daredevil, Walking Dead)
- Anthony Michael Hall (The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, War Machine)
- Creed Bratton (The Office)
- Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter, Star Trek: Discovery)
- Kate Flannery (The Office, Ok K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes)
- Oscar Nunez (The Office, The Proposal)
- Wallace Shawn (The Princess Bride, Toy Story, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Clueless)
- Gates McFadden (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Kelly LeBrock (Weird Science, Hard to Kill, The Women in Red, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Gamers: The Movie)
- Marina Sirtis (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Greg Capullo (BATMAN series for DC Comics, SPAWN, Marvel Comics X-FORCE, QUASAR, The Creech)
- Amy Chu (Red Sonja, Kiss, Wonder Woman, Deadpool)
- David Walker (Luke Cage, Occupy Avengers, Cyborg)
- Amanda Conner (Vampirella, Harley Quinn, Power Girl)
- Jeff Parker (Agents of Atlas, X-Men First Class, Hulk, Flash Gordon, Aquaman)
- Amy Mebberson (Walt Disney Company)
- Cat Staggs(DC Comics, Smallville, The Vampire Diaries)
- Steve Orlando (Midnighter, Justice League of America)
- Chrissie Zullo (Vampirella, Josie and the Pussycats, Fables: The Wolf Among Us, Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love)
- James Silvani (Disney and Muppet comics for BOOM! IDW and APE Entertainment)
- Jimmy Palmiotti (Event Comics, Marvel Knights, Paperfilms)
- Peter Tomasi (Batman and Robin, Robin Rises: Omega, Superman/Wonder Woman)
- Richard Starkings (Hip Flask, Elephantmen, Doctor Who Magazine, The Real Ghostbusters, Transformers)
- Kyle Starks (Sexcastle, Rock Candy Mountain, Secret Wars, Too, Invader Zim, Rick and Morty)
TICKETS: Daily and full weekend passes are available. Badges purchased before March 11 can be mailed to a provided address. Prices increase on April 1.
- Friday Only Admission: $40
- Saturday Only Admission: $55
- Sunday Only Admission: $45
- 3-Day Weekend Pass: $80
- 3-Day ‘Geekend VIP’ Pass: $150
- Kids Admission: $15. Valid for kids ages 3-10. Valid for full weekend or any day individually.
- VIP passes & experiences range from the VIP Geekend ($150) to the premium, limited quantity Club Awesome Reserve Membership ($399-$999) which offers access to various celebrity appearances, reserved Main Stage seating for marquee programs, and exclusive Club Awesome Reserve-only events.