Wizard World/Cinedigm’s Digital Channel CONtv Announces Content
CONtv today announced an expansive portfolio of acquired film and television content that will be available on the new digital network. Launching in early 2015, the direct-to-consumer digital service geared specifically for fans in the Comic Con community, will also include the previously announced original program Fight of the Living Dead, a horror-competition series from Alpine Labs, BlackBoxTV and Revolver Picture Company. CONtv plans to announce additional programming initiatives, original series and talent partnerships in the coming weeks.
Spanning cult television, sci-fi, horror and fantasy films, grindhouse classics, thrilling martial arts adventures, and more, CONtv’s extensive launch offering includes:
- Superhero Action: He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe, Voltron, Trial of the Incredible Hulk, She-Ra: Princess Of Power
- Cult Classics: Godzilla, Death Race 2000, Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark, Return Of The Killer Tomatoes, Beware The Blob, Transylvania 6-5000, Night Patrol
- Horror: Evil Dead, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, I Spit On Your Grave (#1 and #2), Hellboy: Blood & Iron, Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Ichi The Killer, Puppet Master, Embrace of the Vampire
- Martial Arts: Fists of Fury, Shaolin, Man From Nowhere, War of the Arrows, Legend of the Fist, Yakuza Weapon, Blade of Kings, Lady Ninja
- Gaming: Sonic The Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros, Legend Of Zelda, Stargate Infinity, Street Fighter Alpha, Heavenly Sword
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television: UK’s Being Human, Farscape, Highlander, Demon King, Stargate Infinity
- Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Digimon, Ghost in the Shell, High School Of The Dead, Saint Seiya, Angel Beats, Clannad
CONtv is a joint venture between Cinedigm and Wizard World.
Upon its launch in early 2015, the digital service will be offered as a free ad-supported platform as well as a low-cost monthly subscription of $6.99/month with content exclusives, audience rewards, a dynamic social viewing experiences, and ticketing bundle opportunities for fans planning to attend Wizard World conventions. CONtv plans to launch across a wide spectrum of devices including Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Android, Samsung Smart TV, Windows, Mac OS, mobile, and tablet devices.