NYCC 2013: Warner Bros. Television Infiltrates with Person of Interest and The Following
Warner Bros. Television returns to New York Comic Con with two hit shows both produced locally in the New York area: last season’s #1 new series The Following and acclaimed third-season crime thriller Person of Interest. Confirmed to attend New York Comic Con 2013 for panel sessions and autograph signings with fans on Sunday, October 13, are The Following stars Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Valorie Curry, Shawn Ashmore and Connie Nielsen, along with executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega, as well as Person of Interest stars Taraji P. Henson, Sarah Shahi, Amy Acker and Kevin Chapman, with executive producer Greg Plageman.
For the first time at NYCC, Warner Bros. Television will host a special sneak peek of two of this season’s most hotly anticipated new series on Thursday, October 10, in Empire Theater 1-E. Complete pilot episodes of Almost Human (series premiere November 4, 8/7c on FOX) and The 100 (Midseason on The CW) will be screened, as well as an encore presentation on the big screen of the pilot of The Tomorrow People (premiering Wednesday, October 9, 9/8c on The CW).
WBTV PANEL SESSIONS AND SIGNINGS
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13 • EMPIRE STAGE 1-E
- 12:15–1:15 PM Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c on CBS): Take a look under the hood of The Machine with a special video presentation and cast/producer Q&A with series stars Taraji P. Henson, Sarah Shahi, Amy Ackerman, Kevin Chapman and executive producer Greg Plageman.
- 1:30–2:30 PM The Following (January 2014, Mondays 9/8c on FOX): Joe Carroll’s back with another masterpiece of murder and mayhem. Join the show’s followers for a special video presentation and cast/producer Q&A with series stars Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Valorie Curry, Shawn Ashmore and Connie Nielsen, as well as executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega.
- Additionally, cast/producers from Person of Interest and The Following will be signing autographs for fans. Tickets may be obtained via the New York Comic Con online ticket distribution system.
- PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION PILOT SCREENINGS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10 • EMPIRE STAGE 1-E • 6:15 p.m.
- Almost Human: In the near future, technology and crime will increase so quickly that law enforcement will not be able to keep up. To maintain order and keep the public safe, all police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like-androids known as synthetics. From J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Production and Fringe executive producer J.H. Wyman, Almost Human follows Detective John Kennex (Karl Urban – Star Trek), and his synthetic partner Dorian (Michael Ealy – Underworld Awakening) as they fight a new strain of urban crime. Almost Human premieres Monday, November 4, at 8/7c on FOX.
- The 100: 97 years ago, Earth was devastated by a nuclear apocalypse, and mankind was nearly destroyed. The only survivors were the inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. The stations came together to form the Ark, but with resources dwindling and population growth soaring, the decision is made to send The 100, a group of juvenile delinquents, to the surface to test whether Earth is once again habitable. Starring Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Thomas McDonell, Marie Avgeropoulos, Bob Morley, Christopher Larkin with Isaiah Washington and Henry Ian Cusick, The 100 airs Midseason on The CW.
- The Tomorrow People: From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries), Phil Klemmer (Chuck) and Danny Cannon (Nikita), The Tomorrow People is a story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Starring Robbie Amell, Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Madeleine Mantock and Mark Pellegrino, The Tomorrow People premieres on Wednesday, October 9, at 9/8c on The CW.