Picks of the Week: Satellite Sam #1 and 9 Other Picks
There’s a lot of comics out this week and some solid choices, but having read this issue last week, it stands out to me as my choice for pick of the week. Satellite Sam #1 is the latest comic by Matt Fraction, but this team he teams up with Howard Chaykin on art.
The series is a noirish murder mystery set in the early days of television. There’s such a great mix of setting, characters, everything. The look, feel, it’s the complete package of a series. This could easily be a contender for “best new series” when the year is up.
Check out below for the rest of my picks in alphabetical order.
- Avengers AI #1 – Sam Humphries takes on the tough task of picking up the pieces and making something from Age of Ultron. Here we get to see how Dr. Pym handles it all with his team of robots….
- Clive Barker’s Next Testament #2 – The first issue was solid and to see Clive Barker take on religion like this is a fascinating read.
- Dark Skullkickers Dark #1 – Jim Zubkavich is kicking ass with each brand new first issue.
- The Final Plague #1 – This issue gave me the creeps, nuff said.
- Mark Waid’s Green Hornet #3 – Waid continues to show why he’s considered one of the best writers in the industry.
- Masks and Mobsters Vol. 1 – More Monkeybrain awesomeness get a print edition.
- Princeless Vol. 2 #4 – The series is great for adults and kids and treats both with intelligence.
- Superior Foes of Spider-Man #1 – I’ve loved Superior Spider-Man, so crossing my fingers for this one.
- Trinity of Sin: Pandora #1 – This series will play a big role in Trinity War… that alone makes it a buy.