Picks of the Week: Age of Ultron #10 and 9 Other Picks
It’s been a few short months and this Wednesday sees the wrap up of Marvel‘s first major event of 2013, Age of Ultron #10. The series as a whole has been uneven with some issues being filled with excellence and other issues barely readable. Overall the event has been unimpressive. But, here’s why this issue makes our “pick of the week.” Marvel has been hinting something big up their sleeves with this issue. We know the former Spawn character Angela will be making her appearance into the Marvel Universe, so there’s that. But, Marvel has been coy and hinting there’s even more to come.
We’ve seen teasers over the last few days, and one showed Wolverine over time, including the Ultimate Universe. You can see that on the left. Something big is coming and it begins here. That level of expectation will make or break this issue. But, if nothing else, it’s worth checking out to see how a former character from Spawn makes her way into the Marvel 616.
Here’s the rest of our choices in alphabetical order.
- 100 Bullets: Brother Lono #1 – The acclaimed series is back, this time looking at one of the secondary characters.
- Edison Ex – Monkeybrain’s comics go from digital to print!
- Liberator #1 – One of two releases from Black Mask Studios this week. This one has to do with the heroes that defend animals.
- Mara #5 – The amazing series that questions what a hero is in this age of commercialism and consumerism.
- Occupy Comics #2 – The other release from Black Mask Studios continues the awesome series with a message. Shows how mixing politics and comics can be awesome!
- Revival #11 – The zombie-ish series continues its amazing run. This is a series everyone should be reading. Gothic noir/horror at its best.
- Transformers: Monstrosity #1 – The early days of the War on Cybertron!
- Wild Blue Yonder #1 – A new sci-fi series from IDW. In the near future, mankind has destroyed the Earth, and the only refuge from radioactive pollution can be found in the skies. Unfortunately dwindling supplies and bloodthirsty air-pirates make life all the harder.
- X-Files Season 10 #1 – The classic television series returns to comics!