Killing Geronimo: The Hunt For Bin Laden Graphic Novel from Simon & Schuster and Bluewater
The high-stakes global pursuit and dramatic end of Osama bin Laden at the hands of America’s expertly trained Navy SEALS continues to be one of the most talked-about subjects of the year. Killing Geronimo: The Hunt For Osama Bin Laden (on-sale December 4; Hardcover; $15.00) is a retelling, in graphic novel form, of America’s global search for the most notorious fugitive in modern times.
Beginning with the tragedy of September 11, 2001, to the final events in Pakistan, Killing Geronimo recreates the major events in the historically accurate timeline of the hunt for Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden:
- The initial order by President George W. Bush to find him wherever he might be hiding
- The CIA’s tracking of the courier that would lead to bin Laden’s whereabouts in Pakistan
- The U.S.’s construction of a facsimile of bin Laden’s compound
- The tense, high-stakes meeting between President Obama and the rest of his high command
- The final firefight between bin Laden and the U.S. Navy SEALs.
Killing Geronimo takes its title from the code name given Osama bin Laden during Operation Neptune Spear, the successful Navy SEALs mission which ended his reign on May 2, 2011.