SDCC 2012 – comiXology Brings the Announcements
comiXology brought quite a few announcements to the opening day of San Diego Comic-Con 2012. First up is their release of an app for Windows 8, comiXology customers can login and read many comics they previously purchased. Consumers will also be able to browse their collection using “Semantic Zoom,” a Metro style UI feature in Windows 8 that allows for pinch and zoom searching in alphabetical titles. Also new to Comics by comiXology fans is the ability on Windows 8 to read a comic side-by-side with other applications.
A full listing of features and benefits of Comics by comiXology for Windows 8 Release Preview includes:
- Read your favorite digital comics virtually anywhere. (Some publishers are not available at this time.)
- Comics are stored in the cloud and comics can be downloaded straight to your device with the tap of a button.
- Read comics while sending an e-mail or finishing a document with Windows 8 snapped view.
- More than 10,000 comics available on Windows 8-based devices, with more to come.
- Own a lot of comics? Digging through your library just got easier with Semantic Zoom, just pinch and zoom to see all your comics organized in easy-to-click tiles.
Next, comiXology has gone Bongo with the release of that comic publisher’s very own app! Radioactive Man, Bart Simpson, Simpsons Comics, and many other Simpsons-related comic book titles will be available in digital form for iPads and iPhones with a Simpsons Comics iOS app developed by Bongo and comiXology.
Finally Abrams ComicArts, an imprint of ABRAMS, the preeminent publisher of illustrated books, announced a digital graphic novel distribution agreement with comiXology.