Gen Con Review
The first two days of Gen Con are done and we’ve got lots of photos and video (as well as quite a few purchased items), but with a crap internet connection we’re not even going to try to upload anything. But here’s our general thoughts of the show.
- It’s been about 11 years since I’ve been to a Gen Con and the professionalism has improved as well as the size of the show. The card and miniature gaming area alone is the size of most show floors.
- Vampires are out and Zombies are in.
- Cthulhu is getting popular again based off of the games based on H.P. Lovecraft’s famous creation.
- I still don’t get LARPing.
- Card games look like they’ve settled into pretty set markets.
- There’s tons of great board and non-collectible card games that no one knows about.
- Kilts are in. Cross dressing might be too, based on a large volume of gender bending folks walking around.
- Booth babes are present but not needed.
- The women have taken their foothold in the game industry based off of action we saw at various booths.
- Gen Con is still the best 4 days of gaming anywhere.
Expect a lot of coverage starting Monday, and maybe some from the floor updates from our iPad, as well as a pretty big announcement.
If you’re at the show, feel free to attempt to track us down and say hi!