IDW Publishing has hinted at a “Revolution” and has unveiled its most ambitious comic book publishing venture in its history revolving around its fan-favorite titles based on Hasbro properties.
The “Revolution” event marks the birth of a comic book crossover that will be comprised of not only Transformers and G.I. Joe, but also Micronauts, ROM, and Action Man, as well as the launch of a long-awaited M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand series.
This is not a reboot—rather, the Revolution series takes many of the building blocks of what has come before from IDW and builds on them anew, bringing all these elements together in an epic event that results in an all-new status quo for all involved. Everything fans have enjoyed up to this point remains intact as part of this ongoing continuity. The ramifications of Revolution will extend well beyond the event, as all of these iconic characters will henceforth exist in the same universe, altering the scope of IDW editorial in all the Hasbro series from this moment onward.
The move mimics Hasbro’s recent announcement of their shared movie universe that features many of the same properties.
Revolution, the bi-weekly five-issue event series that launches this initiative, will be co-written by Cullen Bunn and John Barber with art by Fico Ossio. The event kicks off with a world-shaking threat that brings all opposing factions together in a storyline that just might see the destruction of the universe before it can truly begin!
All aforementioned titles will tie-in to the event with a bevy of talent on board including:
- Co-written by Chris Ryall (Onyx), Christos Gage (Marvel’s Daredevil)
- Art by David Messina (Star Trek)
- G.I. Joe
- Written by Aubrey Sitterson (Street Fighter X G.I. JOE)
- Art by Giannis Milonogiannis (Prophet)
- Transformers: Till All Are One
- Written by Mairghread Scott (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, TRANSFORMERS)
- Art by Naoto Tsushima (TRANSFORMERS)
- Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye
- Written by James Roberts (TRANSFORMERS)
- Art by Alex Milne (TRANSFORMERS)
- Written by John Barber (Back to the Future)
- Art by Andrew Griffith (TRANSFORMERS)
- Written by Brandon Easton (Marvel’s Agent Carter, TRANSFORMERS: Deviations)
- Art by Tony Vargas (Rot & Ruin)
- Action Man
- Written by John Barber (TRANSFORMERS)
- Art by Paolo Villanelli (G.I. JOE: SNAKE EYES)
- Written by Cullen Bunn (Uncanny X-Men)
- Art by Chris Panda
As Revolution rolls out, each associated series will receive its own “Revolution” one-shot that ties in to the main event. Revolution will feature an array of variant covers by Brandon Peterson, Tradd Moore, John Byrne, James Biggie, Adam Riches, Guido Guidi, Ken Christensen, Art Baltazar, and more.
Nothing will be the same after the Revolution erupts this September with issues 1 & 2 plus one-shot tie-ins (G.I. JOE, MICRONAUTS, ROM) all available to order together. Take a stand!