Image Comics has revealed jaw-dropping alternative covers for Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 featuring artwork by Artgerm and Enrico Marini. This highly anticipated forthcoming six-issue miniseries was recently released in Italy by Panini Comics to breakout critical acclaim and will launch in the United States from Image Comics in March.
Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy begins when the placid mining village of Woodsburgh is disturbed by a series of brutal murders, sending the settlement into turmoil. As the first snow covers the chaos in a white blanket, a mysterious woman in black arrives, eliciting a totally different kind of unrest. But who is Lady Hellaine, really? And what’s her secret agenda?
Mercy explores topics of “otherness,” damnation and redemption, and what it means to be a monster in a horror tale perfect for fans of Penny Dreadful, Crimson Peak, Carnival Row, and Dark Shadows. More exciting details about the goth-inspired, Victorian monster series will be unveiled as the United States release date approaches.
After the poignant story of inclusion and self-discovery told in Unnatural, Andolfo presents a darker story that addresses issues far beyond typical genre-related tropes.
Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, March 4:
- Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 (Diamond Code JAN200129) Cover A by Andolfo
- Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 (Diamond Code JAN200130) Cover B by Humberto Ramos
- Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 (Diamond Code JAN200131) Cover C by Artgerm
- Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 (Diamond Code JAN200132) Cover D by Enrico Marini
- Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 (Diamond Code JAN200133) Cover E by Marco B. Bucci
- Mirka Andolfo’s Mercy #1 (Diamond Code JAN200134) Cover F blank sketch cover