Round Three of the Virtual Portfolio Review program is on the way from Valiant Entertainment!
The publisher will host another edition of the program to assist aspiring comic book artists and find new creators for future projects. For the upcoming round of the program, the award-winning publisher’s Senior Editors (Lysa Hawkins, Heather Antos, David Wohl) will be offering virtual one-on-one portfolio reviews for aspiring interior artists, cover artists, colorists, and letterers. 30 people in total will be selected to have their work reviewed.
Please read the below information very carefully for submission details and deadlines.
Dates of Digital Portfolio Reviews
- Tuesday, November 10th from 12pm-2pm EST
- Wednesday, November 11th from 12pm-2pm EST
- Thursday, November 12th from 12pm-2pm EST
How to Submit
- Email your submission to PortfolioReview@valiantentertainment.com
- Subject line: Name, Discipline, Available Date
- Subject line example: Ray Garrison, Cover Artist, November 10th, 11th, & 12th
- Please note: Submissions should be a digital PDF attachment, a single document with an information page in the back with your name, a link to your online portfolio, and contact info. The document should be no more than 20 pages.
- Submissions open October 28th and are due by November 4th at 5pm EST
- Those selected for the first day of sessions will be notified by Monday, November 9th no later than 10pm EST
- Those selected for the second day of sessions will be notified by Tuesday, November 10th no later than 10pm EST
- Those selected for the third day of sessions will be notified by Wednesday, November 11th no later than 10pm EST
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I don’t have a prepared portfolio. Can I share a link to my Website/Twitter/Instagram instead?
No, we are only accepting PDF attachments (max 25mb). PDF2GO is a free service if you donʼt own Acrobat.
2. I have more than 20 pages I want to share. Can I sneak in an extra couple?
No, this will disqualify your portfolio.
3. Can I just embed/attach single images instead of making a PDF?
No, we are only accepting PDF attachments (max 25mb, 20 pages of art). Again, you can use PDF2GO if you don’t own Acrobat.
4. My PDF is too large to send as an attachment. Can I just send a link to my PDF portfolio?
No, we are only accepting PDF attachments (max 25mb). PDF2GO can shrink your PDF if you do not have Acrobat.
5. I’ve never been hired for professional work before, can I still submit my work?
Of course! If you’re an artist, submit any interior, cover, colors, lettering samples you’ve done on your own or for self-published books. If you’re a writer, submit any completed self-published comic you’ve worked on (no scripts will be accepted, period).
6. I missed the deadline to submit my work. Is it okay to still send it in if it’s before the selections have been made?
No, late submissions will not qualify due to the large number of submissions that need to be reviewed. Please meet the deadline, and if you cannot, keep an eye out for a future edition of the program.
7. I don’t think my work is good enough. What’s the point?
Portfolio Reviews arenʼt a competition to see whoʼs the best, but rather an opportunity to learn how to improve. Weʼre actively looking for creators who we think could benefit from one-on-one time with an Editor to take their work to the next level.
Please remember to review all of the guidelines carefully before sending your submission.Good luck and Valiant’s Senior Editors look forward to checking out your portfolios!