Black Lightning premieres its fourth and final season on Monday, February 8th on The CW.
Tag Archives: Black Lightning
Variety has the news that Black Lightning will wrap up its run on The CW after the fourth season. The news comes as The CW has ordered a backdoor pilot for a possible spinoff from the series centering around the character Painkiller.
The series is notable as it features an African-American lead and primarily African-American cast in the otherwise rather white superhero television offerings.
The show centers around Jefferson Pierce, a high school principal who is forced to again don a superhero suit to take on local gangs. The show stars Cress Williams, Christine Adams, China Anne McClain, Nafessa Williams, James Remar, Marvin Jones III, Jordan Calloway, and Damon Gupton.
Season 4 of Black Lightning will air in early 2021.
The show is part of The CW’s block of DC Comics based shows such as The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl (which will also be wrapping up), Batwoman, and a new upcoming Superman series. The CW also has aired the only season of Swamp Thing and will air the second season of Stargirl. Arrow, which ended its run, might still get a spin-off series.
With conventions canceled, it’s been a question as to how movie studios and comic book publishers would be building excitement for what’s to come. Announced today, DC Fandome fills that gap with a 24-hour “immersive virtual fan experience” that brings together the stars, filmmakers, and creators behind its biggest films, tv series, games, and comics.
Starting at 10 a.m. PDT, Warner Bros. will welcome fans everywhere into the DC FanDome—a free virtual fan experience where no badge is required.
Imagine all the Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finallyc oming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present, and future. Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theaters worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.
The DC FanDome is the place to hear highly anticipated announcements and the latest news, see exclusive footage, and venture into themed worlds designed to entertain everyone from movie and TV superfans to gamers and readers, to families and kids. With special presentations to engage fans in every time zone across the globe, you’ll have the opportunity to have an experience that’s all your own. Inside this virtual world, fans will also get access to localized events, featuring the faces and voices from countries around the world in their local language. No matter where you live, your age or your level of fandom, there is something for you.
Exploring the DC FanDome
The epicenter of the DC FanDome is the Hall of Heroes, where you can experience special programming, panels and content reveals from a wide variety of films, TV series and games, available in several languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. From there, navigate deeper into the DC Multiverse, exploring five additional satellite worlds, each with its own localized content and unique activities and one world fully devoted to our younger fans:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back, and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring the cast, creators, and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment, and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products, and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
Pull Up to the Blerd & Boujee House
Where my Blerds at? The second annual celebration of Black nerd culture returns with the all-new Blerd & Boujee Houseat DC FanDome, bringing Blerds, LatinxGeeks and all nerds “party-with-a-purpose” vibes. As anyone lucky enough to get into the first- ever Blerd & Boujee boat party (featuring DJ D-Nice) at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 can attest, fans will not want to miss connections and conversations designed for the culture.
Calling All Fans!
There’s nothing more important to DC than our fans, and we want to showcase you! In partnership with Talenthouse, DC FanDome today launched a call for your best DC Fan Art & Fandom displays. Show us your cosplay, makeup, tattoos and even your own Batcave! Be sure to submit your best at create.DCFanDome.com for a chance to be featured inside this virtual world event, and demonstrate to people in your home country and across the globe that you are the ultimate DC Super Fan. Selected artists on the day of our event will be voted on by the community in each of our two competitions in order to help our judges pick selected artist winners. Selected artist winners will receive part of a cash prize pool courtesy of DC and Talenthouse.*
Be sure to check back at our official site, DCFanDome.com, frequently for additional updates on what will be happening inside the DC FanDome, including exciting new content on the new blog, the Daily Star, which kicks off with a welcoming note from Jim Lee himself. Also, follow the social channels below for frequent updates about participating cast members, creators, writers, artists, and game developers you can expect to see.
Just when you think you’re out, DC on the CW pulls you back in. In the Crisis Crossover finale it’s the fall out from the repercussions of what has happened.
Kara wakes up in her own bed feeling relaxed at least until Dazzler tells her to get to work. Kara rushes down just in time to see Lex Luthor getting a Nobel Peace Prize and unfortunately she’s the only person who remembers, at least until she bumps into J’onn at work. It seems like only the Paragons remember what happened and know that all of the Earth’s have been merged thanks to Oliver’s ultimate sacrifice.
In Central City a couple of utility workers discover a passed out Nash (a Pariah depending on how things went down) and in Star City, Sara is having a bunch of meshed memories, on her way to meet Roy. J’onn J’onzz shows up to fill Sara in and mind-meld with Ray to catch him up as he has done with every other DC superhero and their teams in this combined Prime Earth. Once everyone is gathered and celebrating being in the same universe as all of their super friends, old and new, they discover that Oliver didn’t survive the battle with the Anti-Monitor and they all have to grieve his loss a second time.
After fighting off some rogue Shadow Monsters the not dead Anti-Monitor is forced into a perpetually shrinking state of existence ending that threat, for now. The episode ends with a memorial funeral for Oliver in the Hall of Justice with Batwoman, Flash, Sara, Black Lightning, Atom, Supergirl, and Superman and now that they have a cohesive universe in Prime Earth the beginning of the Super Friends with a seat reserved for their fallen savior and friend, the Green Arrow. We also see an empty cage and a banana, which means we might get to see the Wonder Twins and him at some point on any of the shows. We also see that there still might be other Earths that include Stargirl, a nice tie in for her upcoming CW/DC Universe show.
Overall this episode was pure fire, it’s a fun romp through memory lane and filled us with hope for the DC Universe on the CW as well as one cohesive universe where all of our faves can join forces at any time. I binge-watched all five episodes in order and, in my honest opinion, I felt like it was more of a movie. More so than anything that DC has put on the big screen. It was beautifully acted, wonderfully acted, and directed with such a cohesive, brilliant eye that I forgot to make dinner or use the bathroom because I couldn’t take my eyes off of the screen. The episode left an open door for some amazing one-off crossovers and made me genuinely excited for shows like Arrow and Flash, that I haven’t watched them since the first season.
The five arc crossover was the hard reset that the CW and DC needed to bring back old fans into the fold, engage new fans and possibly up the numbers on some of the shows that may have had some ratings issues.
The arc gave those of us who only watch one or two of the CW’s offerings a chance to get to know what else the CW offers and get us invested in all of the shows. As someone who checked out on a few of the CW shows, I have a newfound interest in some of the characters and a desire to hit the CW app on my Apple TV to play catch up so I can become a regular viewer of all of their DC shows across the board.
This season premiere was a fitting return for my DC/CW Bae, Legends of Tomorrow and was so well written that I forgot about all of the things that I was excited about while I awaited their return. It tied up all the loose ends that the previous Crisis episodes left open and established a new world full of exciting possibilities. Crisis was an emotional roller coaster filled with love and loss, hope, and passion and it’s worth a five-hour binge watch on the CW app because, in my opinion, that enhances the amazing experience. The “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover made a true believer in the DC/CW franchise and I can’t wait to see more.
Overall Rating: 9.7
The 5-episode crossover, Crisis on Infinite Earths, concludes Tuesday, January 14!
The CW has released a fifteen-second teaser for this year’s DCTV crossover, Crisis on Infinite Earths. The 5-episode crossover begins December 8 and brings together the DC Comics television characters and more!
Greetings again, friends! We have a veritable title wave of DC Multiverse to catch up on in our next couple of installments, as well as a look at the Imaginext Remote-Controlled Batmobile. We’re getting started today with five figures from the DC Multiverse “Batman: Ninja” Collect + Connect figure assortment. But first, we thank the fine folks at Mattel for providing us with these figures for free for the purposes of review. That said . . . Titans Together!
Nightwing: Four of the six regular figures in this group are Titans affiliated characters, and we’re starting off the ur-Titan, the original Boy Wonder himself, Dick Grayson, aka Nightwing. Nightwing has a pretty prestigious figure history at Mattel, having appeared in number of comic and animation-based lines. He lines up in verticals that include the mainstream DCU and animated product, as well as Imaginext. This particular version is a really nicely done piece; it’s look is taken from the recent Rebirth era in the comics.
One of the cool things about this particular figure is the hair. There was a singular look that Nightwing had in regard to his hair in the recent Titans series, via artist Brett Booth and others. Well, the sculpting and design team nailed it. On top of that, the general overall look of the figure is impressive. This is a rock-solid Nightwing. The figure comes with two sets of hands (fists and “holding”) and two escrima sticks. (I’ll talk about the individual Collect and Connect pieces in part two when I assemble Batman: Ninja).
Starfire: This is a really good representation of Kori. Focusing on the hair for a minute again, I really like the translucent effect that they used on the plastic; it allows light to pass through while also giving it a fiery and otherworldly vibe. It’s a nice resting effect for the character that gives the hair a unique look. The costume reflects that one that Kori’s been wearing in the Rebirth-era DCU, and that’s great. I have zero problem with her classic Perez look, which I love, but it’s been made a few times. This is a whole new take, and I dig it.
In terms of comic accuracy, Mattel went with the heeled boots here. Frankly, that doesn’t always work out, as figures with heels tend to fall easily. However, I had no problem standing or posing Starfire with the heels; even with the large hair, the figure is incredibly well-balanced. That’s a big win for displaying collectors. I also think that the face sculpt is fine work, with the individual tendrils of hair in front being a nice touch. This figure comes with two green energy signature/blast accessories. I found them to fit really nicely and up the display presentation of the figure.
Rebirth Wally West Flash: OG Wally West is one of my two favorite DC characters. I was a massive fan of Mark Waid’s run, and I was sad that he vanished from the DCU. I like the newer Wally, but I was also glad when our guy here made his return. For me, this was the figure that I anticipated the most from this assortment. I’m not disappointed.
Wally here has a number of cool touches. He’s got the silver accents. He’s got the two shades of red. He also has some cool hair. (Is 2019 the greatest year for action figure hair across all companies? It might be.) Including two sets of hands (fists and flat running/sprinting posed hands) makes complete sense. The silver lightning effects attach to the wrists to give the look that occurs when Wally is using his speed in the comics, which definitely shows that Mattel is paying attention to the books when they make the figures. Like Nightwing, Wally’s been represented a bunch of times in several formats, going back to Justice League, even. This is a fine version of the character that we’ve had back for a few years, and I was glad to see Mattel give it some love.
Green Lantern John Stewart: Not a Titan, but a stalwart of the DCU. With his somewhat recent return to the Justice League and his long history in animation and comics, John is definitely a DC A-lister. I’m glad to see him get a good treatment here. Of particular note are the eyes; the eyes might be the most “alive” set of eyes that I’ve seen on any of the DC Multiverse figures. That’s a really refined job there; it took some real craftsmanship to get that set and expression.
The figure overall is a pretty smooth sculpt. John doesn’t require a lot of extra details; just precision in the paint op and general quality, and this figure’s got both. In terms of extras, John comes with some alternate hands. The rest one is a ring-hang with a blooming energy signature. It’s a cool effect and looks good for display. It’s another strong showing from the team.
Black Lightning (CW TV version): Black Lightning (co-created by Tony Isabella and a Trevor Von Eeden) is back! This is a great representation of the TV version of Jefferson Pierce. First of all, that facial likeness, even around the goggles, is terrific. You can tell its him at a glance. It’s really well done.
The best thing about this figure would be all of the little fine details. The circuitry layout, etc. is captured really nicely and just pops under the right light. It makes the figure distinct from other figures. It’s a very cool effect. Also worthy of praise are the extra hands; we get three pairs here, including fists, holding, and electrified. I shot a picture of the lightning hand from the side to capture that “mid-action” look, and I think the piece turned out well. I’m historically less sure of TV or film-based figures, but this turned out to be a really good one.
So where’s Beast Boy? And the completed Batman:Ninja figure? You’re going to have to wait for the next installment for those! We’re going check out Garfield, assemble the Batman, and quite possibly check in with a couple of underwater inhabitants of the DCU. What do you think of these? Did you have luck finding them in your area? What’s your favorite? Talk to us here and on social. Thanks for reading!
Warner Bros. Television Group returns to New York Comic Con (NYCC) in 2019 with three new series and four returning favorites. On Friday, October 4, HBO presents an exclusive screening of Damon Lindelof’s eagerly anticipated series Watchmen, in advance of its Sunday, October 20, premiere at 9/8c on HBO. The NYCC debut screening will be followed by a Q&A session with series stars and executive producers. Saturday, October 5, brings the season two world premiere screening of Castle Rock, with a cast and producer panel session. Set in the Stephen King multiverse, the series from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and WBTV returns on Wednesday, October 23, to Hulu.
On Sunday, October 6, WBTVG will bring Kate Kane out of the shadows with the latest addition to The CW’s Arrow-verse, Batwoman, which premieres later that night at 8/7c on The CW. In addition, Sunday’s WBTV block will include back-to-back cast and producer panel sessions with the residents of Riverdale (returning Wednesday, October 9 at 8/7c on The CW), the resident aliens of Roswell, New Mexico (returning midseason on The CW), and the continuing mysteries of Manifest (which returns midseason on NBC), TV’s #1 new scripted series of last season among Adults 18–49. Fans will also be treated to a screening of the debut episode of Harley Quinn, the adult animated series voiced and executive produced by The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco, which is coming soon to DC UNIVERSE.
Exclusive autograph signings for participating series will take place at the Javits Center on the day of the relevant panel. Warner Bros. Television follows New York Comic Con’s private autographing lottery drawing, which opens in mid-September.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
- 3:45–5:45 p.m. Watchmen Exclusive Pilot Screening and Q&A –– Set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws, HBO’s upcoming series Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name while breaking new ground of its own. From the co-creator of The Leftovers, Damon Lindelof’s new series is set in contemporary 2019, where roughly 30 years have passed since the original Watchmen story. Please join producers and series stars for an exclusive sneak peek of the first episode of the HBO series, followed by a panel discussion. Watchmen premieres October 20 and airs Sundays at 9/8c on HBO. Become a fan of Watchmen on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WatchmenHBO and follow the show on Twitter and Instagram @watchmen. Main Stage 1D – Javits Center
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
- 3:30–5:00 p.m. Castle Rock Season Two World Premiere Screening and Q&A –– J.J. Abrams and Stephen King’s hit psychological horror series returns! Set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock combines the mythological scale and intimate storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine forestland. In season two, a feud between warring clans comes to a boil when budding psychopath Annie Wilkes, Stephen King’s nurse from hell, gets waylaid in Castle Rock. Panelists include series stars Lizzy Caplan, Tim Robbins, Paul Sparks, Yusra Warsama, Barkhad Abdi and Elsie Fisher, along with co-creator and showrunner Dustin Thomason. Castle Rock premieres Wednesday, October 23, only on Hulu. Become a fan of Castle Rock on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CastleRockHulu and follow the show on Twitter at @castlerockhulu. The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. Riverdale Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Now that the Gargoyle King has been revealed, The Black Hood is dead and Hiram is in jail, can Archie and the gang have a normal senior year? Riverdale returns for its second appearance at New York Comic Con to discuss the new mysteries of season four, including the shocking finale flash forward and what it means for Jughead and the others. Based on the characters from Archie Comics and produced by Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Supergirl, Blindspot, Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, this one-hour drama is a bold, subversive take on the surreality of small-town life. Join us for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A with series stars Mädchen Amick, Marisol Nichols, Mark Consuelos and Skeet Ulrich, plus executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. Riverdale returns for season four October 9, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Riverdale: The Complete Third Season is now available on Blu-ray™ and DVD. Become a fan on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRiverdale, and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_Riverdale. The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- 11:35 a.m.–12:05 p.m. Manifest Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Last season’s breakout hit drama returns with more heart-pounding mystery and answers to some of season one’s biggest questions! When Montego Air Flight 828 landed safely in New York after a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers were relieved. Yet in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years and their friends, families and colleagues, after mourning their loss, had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they’re all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible. Join the series cast and executive producer/creator Jeff Rake as they delve even further into the mystery of Flight 828, and offer a special sneak peek at some exclusive new footage! Manifest’s second season will air midseason on NBC, and is produced by Compari Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and Universal Television. Become a fan of Manifest on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NBCManifest and follow the show on Twitter @NBCManifest. The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- 12:10–1:00 p.m. Roswell, New Mexico Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Following the shocking season one finale where Max used his powers to resurrect Rosa while not realizing that he was sacrificing his own life in the process, join the Roswell, New Mexico team as they return for a second appearance at New York Comic Con! In season two, Liz mourns her lost love by seeking comfort in science, both earthly and extraterrestrial, as Rosa turns to Kyle to help her find her place in the unfamiliar territory of 2019. In their grief, Isobel explores potentially dangerous methods of self-defense, and Michael spirals into some old bad habits, putting his relationships with Maria and Alex at risk. Join us for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A with series stars Jeanine Mason, Nathan Dean Parsons, Michael Vlamis, Lily Cowles and Tyler Blackburn, along with executive producers Carina Adly MacKenzie, Chris Hollier and Julie Plec. Roswell, New Mexico will return midseason on The CW. Become a fan of Roswell, New Mexico on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRoswellNM and follow the show on Twitter @CWRoswellNM. The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- 1:05–1:30 p.m. Harley Quinn Screening –– Catch an early look at this upcoming adult animated action-comedy series coming soon to DC UNIVERSE. Harley Quinn puts everyone’s favorite Gotham villainess front and center as Harley has finally broken things off with the Joker and attempts to make it on her own as the criminal Queenpin of Gotham City. Voicing the title role of Harley Quinn, Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory) leads an all-star comedic voice cast which includes Lake Bell (Bless This Mess), Alan Tudyk (Doom Patrol), Tony Hale (Veep), Ron Funches (Powerless), JB Smoove (Spiderman: Far From Home), Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Diedrich Bader (Veep), Chris Meloni (Happy!), Jim Rash (Community), Wanda Sykes (Black-ish) and so many more. Harley Quinn is produced by Ehsugadee Productions in association with Warner Bros. Animation, with executive producers Kaley Cuoco, Sam Register, Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey. Check out DC UNIVERSE yourself at https://www.dcuniverse.com/join. The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- 1:35–2:45 p.m. Batwoman Pilot Screening and Q&A –– Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope. Join cast and producers for a screening of the pilot, followed by a Q&A. From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries, Smallville), Geoff Johns (Arrow, The Flash, Titans) and Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Batwoman stars Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black, The Meg, XXX: Return of Xander Cage), Rachel Skarsten (Reign, Fifty Shades of Grey, Lost Girl), Meagan Tandy (Survivor’s Remorse, UnREAL, Teen Wolf), Nicole Kang (You), Camrus Johnson (Luke Cage, The Sun Is Also a Star), Elizabeth Anweis (Twin Peaks) and Dougray Scott (Taken 3, Hitman, Mission: Impossible 2). Marcos Siega (You, God Friended Me, Blindspot) directed the pilot, for which he also served as executive producer alongside David Nutter (Game of Thrones, Arrow, The Flash). Batwoman premieres October 6, airing Sundays at 8/7c on The CW. Based on characters from DC, the series is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of Batwoman on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWBatwoman and follow the show on Twitter @CWBatwoman. The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- Black Lightning, Katy Keene, Legacies, Prodigal Son and Titans — In addition, Sunday’s Warner Bros. Television Block will also include an exclusive presentation of new footage from the upcoming seasons of Black Lightning (returning Monday, October 7, at 9/8c on The CW), Katy Keene (premieres midseason on The CW), Legacies (returning Thursday, October 10, at 9/8c on The CW) and Prodigal Son (premiering Monday, September 23, at 9/8c on FOX), as well as the current second season of Titans (now streaming on DC UNIVERSE).
ARROW video (Sat, July 20)
At ARROW’s Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 20, producers treated fans in Ballroom 20 to an action-packed retrospective of season seven, as well as a teaser for what is to come in the final season.
BLACK LIGHTNING video (Sat, July 20):
Team BLACK LIGHTNING returned to Comic-Con and left fans in Ballroom 20 shook with this electrifying trailer featuring highlights from the show’s metahuman-infused second season — and hints about the threat posed to Freeland by the looming Markovian War. BLACK LIGHTNING returns for season three Monday, October 21, at 9/8c on The CW.
SUPERGIRL video (Sat, July 20):
SUPERGIRL producers unleashed this super-hot trailer at Comic-Con 2019, packed with highlights from season four and a sneak peek at the future that threatens National City in season five — plus new footage featuring an official first look at Supergirl’s brand-new supersuit and brief glimpses of two new faces: DC character Andrea Rojas aka Acrata (played by VERONICA MARS’s Julie Gonzalo) and renowned reporter William Dey (played by GAME OF THRONES’s Staz Nair).
THE FLASH video (Sat, July 20):
At THE FLASH’s Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 20, producers treated fans in Ballroom 20 to a first look at the season six villain…Bloodwork.
Warner Bros. Television Group joins in the celebration of San Diego Comic-Con as it turns 50 this year, rolling out the red carpet in grand style for this historic milestone.
Stars and producers from 16 of the Studio’s fan-favorite series are scheduled to participate in Comic-Con International: San Diego from July 17–21. The 2019 edition of the world’s largest comic and pop culture festival will feature the final SDCC appearances of long-running hit WBTV series Arrow and Supernatural, as well as the world premiere screenings of highly anticipated DCTV series Batwoman and Pennyworth, plus the revival of Veronica Mars.
Warner Bros. Television highlights include:
- Farewell to Arrow and Supernatural: Fans attending Comic-Con will have their last chance to celebrate long-running hit series Arrow and Supernatural as they make their final appearances at SDCC: Arrow on Saturday in Ballroom 20 and Supernatural in its traditional Sunday slot in Hall H
- Preview Night/World Premieres of Batwoman, Pennyworth and More: SDCC will be the place for world premiere screenings of the Arrow-verse’s newest DC Super Hero drama Batwoman (in advance of its Sunday, October 6, premiere at 8/7c on The CW) and DC origin story Pennyworth (prior to its Sunday, July 28, debut at 10/9c on EPIX) on preview night, Wednesday, July 17. WBTVG will also feature an advance sneak peek of the pilot episode for the highly anticipated FOX dramatic thriller Prodigal Son, starring Tom Payne and Michael Sheen. And for those of you who like your Super Heroes a little more animated, we have something for you as well, with the world premiere of the upcoming DC UNIVERSE animated comedy series Harley Quinn, as well as a never-before-seen episode of the hit Cartoon Network series Teen Titans GO!, and more.
- World Premiere of Veronica Mars: The cult favorite returns after 10 years with Veronica (series star Kristen Bell) drawn into an epic eight-episode mystery as a series of bombs terrorize spring breakers in Neptune. Fans attending the show’s Friday panel will get to see the show’s first episode a week prior to its July 26 debut on Hulu.
- DC UNIVERSE Saturday Night: DC UNIVERSE fans can enjoy an evening of sneak peeks, first looks and breaking news for Titans, Doom Patrol, the second half of Young Justice: Outsiders and the upcoming animated comedy series Harley Quinn during a special two-hour event on Saturday night.
- Panels: Returning Comic-Con essentials Arrow, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, The Flash, Legacies, Riverdale, Supergirl, Supernatural, Teen Titans GO!, Veronica Mars and Young Justice: Outsiders are all back in San Diego, along with Batwoman, Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Pennyworth andTitans making their SDCC debuts.
- Warner Bros./DC Booth: The Studio’s massive multi-level booth #4545 will now more than ever become a must-visit destination on the convention floor, when Warner Bros. teams up with DC for an awesome mega-booth.
- Signings: Autograph signings will take place in the WB/DC booth #4545. WBTVG follows Comic-Con’s ticket drawing/wristband distribution procedure for all signings. Visit https://www.comic-con.org/cci/autographs for more info.
SPECIAL PREVIEW NIGHT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17
6:00–10:00 p.m. Batwoman and Pennyworth World Premieres and Special Sneak Peek Screenings — Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television Group proudly continue the annual Preview Night tradition with exclusive world premiere pilot screenings of the new series Batwoman and Pennyworth, exclusively for the Comic-Con audience. Additionally, WBTVG will screen the pilot of the highly anticipated FOX dramatic thriller Prodigal Son, starring Tom Payne and Michael Sheen; the world premiere of DC UNIVERSE’s animated comedy series Harley Quinn; a never-before-seen episode of the hit Cartoon Network series Teen Titans GO!; and more. Ballroom 20
WBTVG/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
THURSDAY, JULY 18
3:15–4:15 p.m. Teen Titans GO! Brand-New Episode Screening and Q&A —Room 6DE
FRIDAY, JULY 19
11:30 a.m.–12:45 p.m. Veronica Mars World Premiere Screening and Q&A — Ballroom 20
12:30–1:30 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls Brand-New Episode Screening and Q&A –– Room 6DE
3:15–4:15 p.m. Legacies Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Room 6BCF
4:30–5:30 p.m. Pennyworth Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Room 6BCF
8:00–9:00 p.m. Rooster TeethSpecial Video Presentation and Q&A — Room 6DE
SATURDAY, JULY 20
10:30–11:45 a.m. Batwoman Pilot Screening and Q&A — Ballroom 20
3:30–4:15 p.m. Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
4:15–5:00 p.m. Supergirl Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
5:00–5:45 p.m. Black Lightning Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
5:45–6:30 p.m. The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
7:00–9:00 p.m. DC UNIVERSE Series Sneak Previews and Q&A — Indigo Ballroom
SUNDAY, JULY 21
10:30–11:30 a.m. Supernatural Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Hall H
11:45 a.m.–12:45p.m. Riverdale Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Hall H