Anime NYC powered by Crunchyroll, New York’s largest dedicated anime convention, returns to the Javits Center (655 W 34th Street, Manhattan) with an expansive and diverse celebration of anime and Japanese culture from Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18, 2018. Show attendees can expect much more from Anime NYC this year – more exclusive screenings; iconic creators and industry leaders; the latest in Japanese gaming technology; and show-stopping performances from Japan’s hottest stars. Tickets are available with general admission tickets priced from $40-65, and Mega tickets priced at $295 guaranteeing access to premiere programming and special guests.
In response to growing fan demands, LeftField Media has expanded the scope and offerings at Anime NYC 2018 in partnership with international animation and manga publishers including Aniplex, Bandai Namco, Crunchyroll, Denpa, Kodansha, Sentai Filmworks, Vertical, VIZ Media, and Yen Press. New this year, more companies direct from Japan including Studio Trigger, King Records, and Pony Canyon will take over double the hall space to accommodate additional programming. In 2017, the convention’s inaugural year, Anime NYC welcomed over 20,000 attendees from 38 states and 10 countries across the globe gathering to share a love of anime, manga, and Japanese culture. Fans attending this year will love exciting additions to the show like the Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] Special Event featuring Aimer and Fate’s U.S. cast, Gunpla Builders World Cup, Manga Library, and Natsume Yujin-cho U.S. Premiere.
Anime NYC also expands outside of the Javits Center for new special performances as a part of the show, including the first ever Anisong World Matsuri concert in NYC, featuring headlining Japanese pop stars Luna Haruna, Shoko Nakagawa, Morning Musume。’18, and New York native nano. Anisong World Matsuri is the largest Japanese concert series in the history of New York City, and it will take over the Hammerstein Ballroom on November 16 and 17.
Anime NYC also welcomes professionals for the first time with a dedicated Professional Badge and the launch of the Anime Business Conference – a first-of-its-kind B2B summit. The Anime Business Conference will unite those working in Japanese pop culture and all professionals across New York involved in publishing, licensing, marketing, and entertainment who want to learn more about the business of pop culture. The Anime Business Conference is co-curated by leading anime website Anime News Network and takes place November 15 at New York’s historic Japan Society.
- Friday, November 16
- Exhibit Hall 1pm – 7pm, Artist Alley 2pm-9pm, Programming until10pm
- Saturday, November 17
- Exhibit Hall 10am – 7pm, Artist Alley 11am-9pm, Programming until 10pm
- Sunday, November 18
- Exhibit Hall hours 10am – 5pm, Artist Alley 11am-5pm, Programming until 5pm
- Javits Center 655 W 34th St New York, N.Y. 10001
Special Guests and Events:
- Anisong World Matsuri with Morning Musume。’18, Luna Haruna, Shoko Nakagawa, TRUE, nano, Konomi Suzuki, Hironobu Kageyama, and Hiroshi Kitadani
- Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] Special Event with Aimer, Kari Wahlgren, Cristina Vee, Bryce Papenbrook, and Tony Oliver
- Studio Trigger guests Hiromi Wakabayashi and Shigeto Koyama
- The Japanese voice of Tuxedo Mask – Toru Furuya
- Voice Actor guests Max Mittelman, Ray Chase, Robbie Daymond, and Vic Mignogna
- Cosplay guests Azulette, Becky Noel, Dhareza Cosplayza, Mikal Mosley, Mica Burton, and Vampy Bit Me
- Gunpla Guilders World Cup
- That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime guests Ryoma Ebata and Yasuhito Kikuchi
- Anime Business Conference co-curated with Anime News Network at Japan Society
- Daily and full weekend passes available
- Friday Only Admission: $40
- Saturday Only Admission: $50
- Sunday Only Admission: $40
- 3-Day Weekend Ticket: $65