Skybound XPO Returns with a Top Secret LEGO Comic Reveal!
THE BIGGEST COMIC BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SEASON IS HERE – exclusively at The Skybound Halloween XPO on Friday, October 29. This event will stream on Skybound Entertainment’s YouTube and Twitch channels.
What is the top secret, very first LEGO comic book from the historic partnership between Skybound Entertainment and AMEET Publishing? You’re going to find out here—along with a first look at art from <SPOILER>! Yeah, that’s right, <SPOILER> is the first LEGO comic book and features the return of <OTHER SPOILER>!
This one-day virtual event also brings fans worldwide can’t miss panels from the world of comics, including Comics Vault Live (with exclusive new drops) to the crossover with sneakerheads (sponsored by Whatnot); the stunning new statue from Telltale’s The Walking Dead; a behind-the-scenes look at Skybound Tabletop; the return of ATTACK! With Attack Peter; a deep dive into Latinx representation in Horror; and of course, a not-to-be-missed new episode of Movie Trivia Schmoedown!
The full programming line-up, beginning at 10am PT, includes:
- The Top Secret Skybound & LEGO Panel – No fan can miss the WORLD PREMIERE reveal of the very first LEGO comic book series from Skybound, in partnership with AMEET Publishing. Join writer/artist Tri Vuong (Everyday Hero Machine Boy), Sean Mackiewicz (Skybound SVP/Editor in Chief), Daniel Konstanski (The Secret Life of LEGO Bricks), Hayley Wolfe (AKA Sensei Wolf) and LEGO NINJAGO® series creator and TV show producer Tommy Andreasen and LEGO NINJAGO® producer/Transmedia Tommy Kalmar to discuss building a brand-new comic world brick by brick! Moderated by Eric Huang (VP and Publisher, AMEET).
- Comics Vault Live 210 – Shawn “Big Clutch” Kirkham opens the Skybound vault for this Halloween edition of CVL. Don’t miss out on exclusive new drops including The Walking Dead Deluxe #6 Second Printing variants in both Gold Foil Color Cover and Red Foil BW Cover editions; new variants to House of Slaughter #1; and a special Redneck #1 with a new cover by co-creator Donny Cates!
- ATTACK! with Attack Peter – Skybound’s Peter Santa-Maria once again invites the Xpo audience inside his workshop to give you an update on everything he’s got going and to debut a very spooky print for Halloween!
- Movie Trivia Schmoedown – “Final Girl” One-on-One Match – Two of the Schmoedown’s top horror experts will square off in a rapid-fire iron man match all about that famed slasher film trope “The Final Girl”! Who has the intelligence, the wits, the absolute nerves of steel to be the latest Xpo Schmoedown champion?! Tune in to find out!
- In The Bones: A Discussion on Horror in Latinx Culture – Latinx voices in the horror space have been telling some of the most exciting (and scary) stories of the last decade. Join Dani Fernandez with special guests to discuss this explosion of talent and creativity in one of our favorite genres.
- Lee and Clem Tell Tales – The real-life Lee and Clementine—Dave Fennoy and Melissa Hutchison—join Skybound’s Woody Tondorf to talk about this legendary duo and the release of our much-anticipated limited edition Lee and Clem statue from Level 52 Studios. The update you’ve been waiting for!
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Skybound Tabletop – Join the Skybound Tabletop team as they showcase some of their most inventive games to date, from The Walking Dead: Something to Fear to Kim-Joy’s Magic Bakery. Also joining them are James Hudson (Senior Director of Skybound Tabletop) and board game aficionado Ruel Gaviola.
- Comics x Kicks – Join some of the most exciting voices in the world of kicks as they discuss how they fell in love with sneakers, their most treasured grails, the similarities to the world of comics and how you can take your first step (pun intended) into the most fashionable fandom of all! Join Chris Chase, Jodi Chase, Tamika Moultrie and more for a can’t miss discussion hosted by Jack DeMayo. Sponsored by Whatnot.
Fans can register now for The Skybound Halloween Xpo by heading over to this link right now and then tuning in on October 29, 2021.