Otakon Announces Masks Required but Vaccinations are Not for 2021
Otakorp Inc. has announced the safety procedures for Otakon 2021. Masks will be required, but proof of vaccination will not be required. But, Otakorp recommends that all individuals that are able to should get vaccinated if they plan to attend Otakon.
This year, Otakorp requires that masks be worn at all times for anyone over the age of 2. Certain exceptions will be made, such as:
- Presenters during panels or workshops while socially distanced
- Cosplayers while photos are being taken while social distanced
- While eating or drinking in designated areas
- For the convenience of having their lips read by a person who is deaf or hard of hearing
- Other areas as approved by Otakon Staff
This policy is subject to change based on changes to CDC guidelines, local regulations or other data.
In addition, the Walter E. Washington Convention Center will be providing enhanced cleaning, with environmentally-safe surface protection and disinfection. Deep cleaning cycles will be performed daily. Frequently touched surfaces such as door handles will be coated with antimicrobial and antiviral surface coatings.
In addition, the convention center now has hospital-grade air filtration systems, including dry hydrogen peroxide and UV disinfection. There will be plasmacluster ionization technology in all elevators and UV light continuous sanitation on all escalator handrails. Full information on the Otakon 2021 safety policy can be found on the web site.