Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse with Osvaldo Oyola & Felicia Perez. Listen to the Podcast on Demand!
Miles Morales’ feature film debut is breaking boundaries and winning accolades. Join us for a conversation about:
- This most comic book of all comic book movies
- “It’s like Obama’s 8 years”
- The superpower of invisibility vs hypervisibility
- Miles’ charter school (waiting for Spider-Man not Waiting for Superman)
- Why did we wait so long for a brown Spider-Man?
- “Black Panther meets The Power-Puff Girls”
Osvaldo Oyola teaches writing at New York University and serves on the executive board for the International Comics Art Forum. His blog, The Middle Spaces publishes work on comics, music and culture. You can also find images from and comments on his growing collection of both current and back issues of comics on his tumblr, Notes from Comics Collecting. He lives in Brooklyn, NY.
Felicia Perez is the Innovation Director at the Center for Story-based Strategy. She’s worked at the United Workers Congress, ACLU of Southern California & was a high school social studies for 12 years in the Los Angeles Unified School District where she was also an active union leader. She reviews films at Lucha’s Flix Picks