LINE Webtoon’s Panels, Signings, and Portfolio Reviews at Baltimore Comic Con
LINE Webtoon, the popular digital comics publisher that is revolutionizing the development and distribution of comics worldwide, is heading to Baltimore Comic-Con to bring comic lovers the “Monetize Your Comics” panel on Saturday, September 3rd. There, attendees will learn how to monetize their own comics and hear from comic creators who have published their work through LINE Webtoon while building huge audiences of dedicated fans. At Baltimore Comic-Con, LINE Webtoon and DeviantArt are also continuing to support and showcase creators on a tour of major comic conventions as the main sponsors of Artist Alley and The Harvey Awards.
As the leader in comics publishing and a pioneer in the ways in which the platform has discovered new and emerging talent over the past 10 years, LINE Webtoon will be leading a discussion from its roster of hit creators who have found success publishing their content on LINE Webtoon. During the panel LINE Webtoon’s Head of Content, Tom Akel, will walk attendees through how to publish and monetize your own IP on the Discover platform and provide details on a new partnership between LINE Webtoon and Patreon and how creators can take advantage of a new Webtoon creator investment program. Hear from creators who have published their work through Discover while building huge audiences, including Kaitlyn Narvaza, Boredman, Aidyn Huynh and Dean Haspiel.
WHO: Kaitlyn Narvaza (Siren’s Lament), Boredman (Apocalyptic Horseplay, UndeadED), Aidyn Huynh (Nightmare Factory, Snailogy), Dean Haspiel (The Red Hook), and LINE Webtoon’s Tom Akel
WHAT: LINE Webtoon – Monetize YOUR Comics panel
WHERE: Room 339-342
WHEN: Saturday, September 3rd from 5:15pm – 6:15pm
At the end of the panel, we will open up the floor where fans can ask questions to the panelists about the Discover platform and how to monetize their own content.
Throughout the weekend, LINE Webtoon will also be hosting a series of autograph signings with top creators and portfolio reviews where creators can drop by for constructive feedback on their comics. The signings and portfolio reviews will take place at Booth #922 at the following times:
- Friday, September 2nd, 3pm-4pm – Dean Haspiel (The Red Hook); Jason Goungor (The Brooklynite)
- Saturday, September 3rd, 3pm-4pm – Kaitlyn Narvaza (Siren’s Lament, Where Tangents Meet); Joho (Saphie: The One-Eyed Cat)
- Sunday, September 4th, 12pm-1pm – Boredman (Apocalyptic Horseplay, UndeadEd); Aidyn Huynh (Nightmare Factory, Snailogy)
- Friday, September 2nd, 5pm-6pm – Reviews with LINE Webtoon’s Head of Content Tom Akel and DeviantArt’s Creative Strategist Hal Hefner
- Saturday, September 3rd, 1pm-2pm – Reviews with LINE Webtoon’s Head of Content Tom Akel and Dean Haspiel (The Red Hook)
- Sunday, Setpember 4th, 2pm-3pm – Reviews with LINE Webtoon’s Head of Content Tom Akel and DeviantArt’s Creative Strategist Hal Hefner
Additionally, LINE Webtoon will be hosting a daily Draw Along contest at Booth #922 where fans and creators can participate in a daily live drawing contest to win a $300 gift card.