SDCC 2015: HBO Announces Game of Thrones Scavenger Hunt and More
Update: Due to the overwhelming interest in the Game of Thrones Comic Con Scavenger Hunt, the process of selecting winners is being modified. Fans will now have until 5pm on Saturday, July 23, to complete all of the Twitter photo challenges. Once completed, they can go to USAopoly’s CLUE: Game of Thrones Experience Booth #1017 between 9:30am-5pm PT on Saturday to enter their name, contact info and Twitter handle into a raffle for a chance to win one of 15 prize packs valued at approximately $200.
HBO is debuting a wide array of new Game of Thrones products and convention exclusives at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, and to highlight some of its bestselling products released throughout the series’ run. To help celebrate, HBO is inviting fans to participate in a Comic Con Scavenger Hunt, sending them on a quest to find some of the coolest Game of Thrones products available on the Comic-Con floor.
Starting Wednesday, July 20, at 6pm PT when the convention floor opens for Preview Night, until Saturday, July 23, at 11am PT, participating fans must complete all of the following challenges by posting photos of themselves with the specified products to their public Twitter profiles using the hashtag #GoTScavengerHunt.
- Post a photo of yourself in front of the MEY for Game of Thrones jewelry display case inside the Hall of Faces Experience, located across from the Omni Hotel on L Street in the Gaslamp District. (Please note that the entry line forms early each morning.) The MEY for Game of Thrones collection features jewelry seen on and inspired by the hit series, created in a partnership between Emmy®-winning Game of Thrones costume designer Michele Clapton and the London-based jewelry brand Yunus & Eliza.
- Post a photo of yourself wearing (or with someone wearing) The Night King mask ($669.95) at CFX Booth #2944. Their silicone White Walker masks have been a hit at Comic Cons past, and now CFX is back with a new mask modeled after the king of the White Walkers. Pale blue striated flesh stretches upwards into a regal and organic ice crown to capture the look of this malevolent and powerful being.
- Post a photo of yourself with The Night King Bust (Metallic Silver) at Dark Horse Booth #2615. The bust measures 8-3/4 inches tall. His 12-inch arms are raised as if he is a conductor orchestrating a crescendo, while challenging Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch army as they retreat. This silver plated bust is available in a limited edition of 200 for $150.
- Post a photo of yourself wearing The Royal Crown of King Robert Baratheon at Factory Entertainment Booth #2647. Copied directly from the original screen-used prop, this 1:1 scale replica is finely crafted in solid metal to give it a heavy and suitably regal feel. Each limited edition replica (price TBA) is then hand-finished in a lustrous gold effect metal and has inset reproduction gemstones. The replica includes a specially designed iron sword motif display stand that allows the replica to rest on the hilts of four swords.
- Post a photo of yourself with a Game of Thrones Sigil Stationery Set at Insight Editions Booth #1703. These deluxe stationery sets ($34.95 each), themed to House Stark, House Lannister and House Targaryen, provide all the items fans will need to communicate with friends, bannermen, and faraway Maesters.
- Once all photos have been posted to Twitter using #GoTScavengerHunt, line up at USAopoly’s CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ Booth #1017 at 11am Saturday morning. The first 15 fans in line who have completed all previous challenges and who post a final photo of themselves with the CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack will win a SDCC Game of Thrones Prize Pack valued at approximately $200. The CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack($19.95; $60 when purchased with CLUE®: Game of Thrones™), includes two new character cards: Oberyn Martell and Barristan Selmy with power cards; six gold weapons: Poison Vial, Battle Axe, Arakh, Faceless Man Coin, Crossbow, Catspaw Assassin Dagger; and a custom scoring pad. Fans are welcome to stop by USAopoly’s booth anytime during regular Comic-Con hours to take their photo with CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack and to play Solve the Mystery to win prizes.
Prize Pack Includes:
- CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ + CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack
- McFarlane Iron Throne Room Construction Set
- Factory Entertainment Game of Thrones plush figures
- Dark Horse Varys Figure
- Insight Editions Sigil Stationery Set
- Game of Thrones SDCC Exclusive The Night King T-shirt
Fans can also check out other Game of Thrones products like the SDCC exclusive Mag the Mighty Funko Pop! figure (Funko – Booth #5341), the official companion book series (Chronicle Books – Booth #1506), and the Living Language Dothraki language course (Random House – Booth #1034), as well as a variety of other new and exclusive products available from the licensees above. A full list of Game of Thrones products that will be featured at Comic Conis available below.
Composite Effects – Booth #2944
The Night King Mask and Gloves
Dark Horse – Booth #2615
The Night King Bust (Silver)*
The Night King Pin
Son of the Harpy Figure
The Night King Figure
Stannis Baratheon Figure
Factory Entertainment – Booth #2647
Direwolf Cub Plush Box Set II (features Shaggydog, Lady and Summer)*
The Red Keep Relief Sculpture
The Royal Crown of King Robert Baratheon
The Wall and Castle Black Limited Edition Desktop Sculpture
Funko – Booth #5341
Dorbz Three-Pack – White Walker, The Hound, Joffrey*
Mag the Mighty 6″ Funko Pop!*
USAopoly – Booth #1017
CLUE®: Game of Thrones™ Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack*
CLUE®: Game of Thrones™
MONOPOLY®: Game of Thrones™ Collector’s Edition
Risk®: Game of Thrones™
Insight Editions – Booth # 1703
Pop-Up Guide to Westeros Book
Sigil Stationery Sets
Poster Book Collections
Living Language – Booth #1034
Living Language Dothraki
Chronicle Books – Booth #1506
Inside Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2
Inside Game of Thrones: Season 3 & 4
Think Geek – Booth #3351
Game of Thrones Dragonclaw Goblet Replica
Game of Thrones House Sigil Journals
Game of Thrones House Sigil Wine Charms
*Denotes Convention Exclusive. Only available on the Comic Con floor, with a limited allotment available at Store.HBO.com starting Wednesday, July 20.