Mockingjay Holds on to First with The Good Dinosaur and Creed Performing Well
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 held on to first place in its second week at the box office. The film added an estimated $51.6 million to its domestic total. The film has earned $198.3 million in two weeks and $440.7 million worldwide. The film dropped 49.7% from its first week, making it the only Hunger Games film to drop less than 50%.
Two movies debuted this past week coming in second and third, and a third debuted coming in at number 12 for the weekend. The Good Dinosaur came in second and earned $39.2 million, while Creed debuted in third with $30.1 million. Victor Frankenstein was dead on arrival, earning $2.35 million. The Good Dinosaur did well for the time period it opened, but compared to other Pixar films, it didn’t do so well.
The Good Dinosaur and Creed bumped Spectre to fourth with $12.8 million and The Peanuts Movie to fifth with $9.7 million.
Here’s this year’s top five films domestically and worldwide so far:
- Jurassic World – $652.2 million
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – $459.01 million
- Inside Out – $356.29 million
- Furious 7 – $352.79 million
- Minions – $335.84 million
- Jurassic World – $1.6689 billion
- Furious 7 – $1.5148 billion
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – $1.4050 billion
- Minions – $1.1571 billion
- Inside Out – $851.5 million