In-depth details on Army of Darkness Collector’s Edition 3-Disc Set
Bound in human flesh and inked in blood, the ancient “Necronomicon” – the Book of the Dead – unleashes unspeakable evil upon mankind in this outrageously hilarious third chapter of Evil Dead Trilogy from legendary director Sam Raimi and producer Robert Tapert. On October 27, 2015, Scream Factory releases the Army of Darkness Collector’s Edition, featuring the Theatrical Cut of the film, the Director’s Cut (with 15 minutes of extra footage), the International Cut and the TV version (in standard definition). This definitive collector’s edition of Army of Darkness is jam-packed with a wealth of bonus content, including new interviews with star and co-producer Bruce Campbell and the cast, special make-up effect artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman, and Greg Nicotero, audio commentary, alternate and deleted scenes and much more – all collected in a special 3-Disc Blu-ray set!
A must-have for loyal fans, movie collectors, pop culture enthusiasts and fans of Bruce Campbell to complete their entertainment library, Army of Darkness Collector’s Edition also contains a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art.
Those who order directly from ShoutFactory.com get the order shipped two weeks early, plus receive exclusive 18″x24″ poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork! Available while supplies last.
Here’s the full details of what you get in the release:
DISC ONE (Theatrical Version – 81 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- NEW Medieval Times: The Making Of “Army Of Darkness” featuring interviews with star & co-producer Bruce Campbell, actors Marcus Gilbert, Ted Raimi, Timothy Quill, Richard Grove, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman and Angela Featherstone, director of photography Bill Pope, editor Bob Murawski, production designer Anthony Tremblay, composer Joseph Lo Duca, costume designer Ida Gearon, special make-up effects artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman and Greg Nicotero, “Pit Bitch” performer and effects artist William Bryan, mechanical effects artist Gary Jones, first assistant director John Cameron, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and stunt coordinator Christopher Doyle (96 min.)
- Original Ending
- Original Opening With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Home Video Promo
DISC TWO (Director’s Cut – 96 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- Audio Commentary with director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell and co-writer Ivan Raimi
- NEW Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects (55 min.)
- Vintage Creating The Deadites Featurette (21 min.)
- Vintage “Making Of” Featurette
- Extended Interview Clips with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert
DISC THREE (International Cut – 88 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
- Television Version With Additional Footage (90 min., Standard Definition (1.33:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
- Theatrical Trailer
- NEW Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos from production designer Anthony Tremblay, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and special make-up effects artists Tony Gardner and KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
- NEW Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos from the collection of super fan Dennis Carter Jr.
- NEW Storyboards for Deleted or Alternate Scenes
Vintage The Men Behind The Army Featurette (19 min.)
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, we’ll receive a percentage of the sale. Graphic Policy does purchase items from this site. Making purchases through these links helps support the site.