Sunday Is Kids Day At Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
Move over, mom and dad! Sunday is Kids Day at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, with an array of programming, kid-friendly celebrities, creators and exhibitors designed especially for children, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. From the impossibly cute Kids Costume Contest to the positively “icky” Creepy Crawlies in Pop Culture panel, children of all ages will enjoy a variety of activities all day long. Kids 10 and under are free all weekend (two children admitted per paid adult).
As kids arrive on Sunday, they will receive an official “Wizard World Kids Day Passport” and sheet detailing all of the places they can visit to have the passport stamped at Wizard World Kids Day Booth, #2429. Those include creators like artists Art Balthasar and Franco Aureliani and writer Thomas Finley, fan groups like the 501st Midwest Garrison and Northern Illinois Lego Train Club, exhibitors like J&J Collectibles, and celebrities like “The Green Power Ranger” Jason David Frank. Awesome!
Kids will also receive an exclusive Chicago Comic Con Kids Day Lithograph by visiting Terry Huddleston‘s who will be located in Artist Alley table #I7.
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Arts & Crafts and Face Painting all day at Wizard World Kids Day Booth #2429
- AlphaPet City story Time with Finley at the Kids Day booth (11 a.m., 2 p.m.)
- Kids Draw! With Eisner Award Winners Balthasar and Aureliani teach the basics of drawing… with an emphasis on fun (11 a.m., Room 50)
- From The Microscope To The Big Screen: Creepy Crawlies In Pop Culture, a lesson how monsters and giant insects in the movies compare to real life (noon, Room 50)
- Kick it at the Green Ranger Power Hour with Frank – a special hour-long karate class (2 p.m.. Room 23)
- UcreateComics Presents: Character Crafters, where kids design their own characters from start to finish (2 p.m., Room 50)
- Kids Costume Contest (3 p.m., Room 42), hosted by Wizard World’s own superhero, “The Defuser” Jarrett Crippen
Man of Steel star Michael Shannon, Zachary Quinto, Eisner Award Hall of Famer Stan Lee, Torchwood and Zero Dark Thirty headliner John Barrowman, WWE Superstar CM Punk and Norman Reedus of The Walking Dead are among the top celebrity guests scheduled to appear at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, Thursday through Sunday.