NYCC 2012 – Starwarp Concepts Succubus Arrives
StarWarp Concepts returns for the 2012 New York Comic Con, being held on October 11–14 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Booth #2139 is where you’ll find author Steven A. Roman promoting The Saga of Pandora Zwieback, a young adult novel series about a teenaged Goth who teams up with an immortal shape-shifter to hunt monsters, and Lorelei: Sects and the City, a Mature Readers graphic novel that reintroduces StarWarp Concepts’ first horror heroine.
Joining Roman will be author Richard C. White, who will be promoting The Chronicles of the Sea Dragon, his pirate-fantasy comic book that’s perfect for fans of classic adventure and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Also appearing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons will be Steve Geiger, contributing artist to Lorelei: Sects and the City, who will be signing copies with Roman and taking commissions. Geiger is a former Marvel Comics art director and was the artist of such titles as Web of Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk.
On sale will be:
- Blood Feud: The Saga of Pandora Zwieback, Book 1: The critically acclaimed first novel in the series finds Pan and her monster-hunting mentor Annie contending with warring vampire clans who attempt to unleash hell on earth.
- The Official Pandora Zwieback T-shirt! Available in sizes for both women and men.
- Lorelei: Sects and the City: The tale of a soul-stealing succubus battling a fanatical cult that’s trying to resurrect its Elder Gods. Written by Roman, this graphic novel features art by Eliseu Gouveia(The Phantom), Steve Geiger, Neil Vokes (Flesh and Blood), and Ernie Colon (Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld), with pinups by Louis Small Jr. (Vampirella) and Tom Sutton (Ghost Rider), and a cover by Esteban Maroto (Vampirella).
- Carmilla: This special edition of J. Sheridan Le Fanu’s 19th-century vampire novella of blood and obsession features illustrations by Lorelei: Sects and the City artist Eliseu Gouveia.
- The Chronicles of the Sea Dragon comic book, as well as related T-shirts and roleplaying game figurines.
Attendees are encouraged to visit the Pandora Zwieback Web site to download a free digital copy of The Saga of Pandora Zwieback #0—a full-color, 16-page comic book written by Roman, with art by Eliseu Gouveia. In it, Pan introduces readers to her book series and presents a two-chapter sample from Blood Feud.