Pick of the Week – Avengers Vs. X-Men #1
This is a no-brainer and I wish I could go with a more indie comic, but lets face it, this event is going to reshape the Marvel universe leading to something that might be on the scale of DC’s shake up. It’s kind of hard to be a comic book fan and not bombarded by Avengers Vs. X-Men #1. The buzz has been growing with some clear interest and excitement, but it remains to be seen what the real world reaction will be compared to the online buzz. For the news worthiness alone, Avengers Vs. X-Men #1 is where it’s at this week.
- Avengers Vs. X-Men #1 – see above
- Chew #25 – Consistently funny and absolutely entertaining, the series is a gem that should be a part of everyone’s pull list. Here’s hoping it eventually finds the mass audience it deserves.
- Hell Yeah #2 – I dug the first issue of this series about a world that’s been reshaped by super heroes. The ending was interesting enough to get me to want to come back and check out the second issue.
- Supurbia #2 – Lots of buzz and praise online, and while I can’t claim it to be the second coming of the super hero deconstruction, there’s a lot here that puts a smile on my face. The first issue was a sell out and I expect the same from the second.
- Voltron: Year One #1 – Dynamite’s Voltron comic is fantastic, as it slowly introduces you to the rather well built mythos. A second series is more than welcomed by me.