Strong National Museum of Play – American Comic Book Heroes
If you’re in the Rochester, New York area the Strong National Museum of Play has a display concerning comic books and super heroes running. From their website:
Grab a cape and leap into a world of superheroes. Explore seven decades of amazing characters who have struggled mightily against evil in the comic-book cosmos while inspiring kids’ imaginations and play.
Look up in the sky! Gigantic statues of Superman™, Spider-Man™, Batman™, Iron Man™, and The Incredible Hulk™ loom overhead. Journey through the golden age of comic books via radio and television broadcasts, video games, original 1940s radio scripts, and early comic book art.
Go hands-on at Super Powers School where everyone becomes a superhero.
- Super Strength: Step into the laboratory to absorb the “gamma rays” that will enable you to pick up a massively heavy object.
- Super Memory: Observe a series of flashing lights and train your brain to repeat back the correct sequences.
- Super Balance: Walk across a steel beam high above the city and look down upon spectacular views.
- Super Flight: Hold on tight as you maneuver through an aerial course.
- Super Reflexes: Play Whack A Foe and sharpen your reaction times.
Don’t miss your chance to capture a super smile! Have your picture taken as you fly across the sky or scale the buildings of downtown Rochester.