Mohawk Media Puts Out Call To Comic Artists
Mohawk Media launches talent search
Publisher Mohawk Media has today announced that it is in search of artists for upcoming comic book and graphic novel projects.
Having had success with its Mr. T graphic novels, the publisher is readying to get new projects underway in 2010.
To help spearhead this search, Mr. T author, Christopher Bunting, has been appointed as Editor-In-Chief.
Bunting says: “As a freelance writer, one who is still in the very early stages of his career, I know just how tough it is to break into comic books. Getting that first break isn’t hard, it is insanely difficult.”
“I’m proud to be part of this Mohawk Media initiative to give artists a chance. Ideally, we would like artists with some published experience, but that said, we will consider every submission on an individual basis and by its own merits”.
“I’ve often heard aspiring comic book artists say there are no openings, or they struggle to get their work seen by an editor – well, here’s your chance! This is an opportunity to get published, paid, and be involved in some of the coolest titles of 2010!”
The publisher recommends the following:
- A brief covering email about yourself and any published experience, accompanied by a minimum of 5 sequential pages
- Story pages only (no pinups, paintings or portraits)
- Your strongest – and preferably, most recent – work
- A variety of genres if possible
- Samples in jpeg or PDF format only. Links will not be opened
- All submissions to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bunting continues: “Remember, comics are a storytelling medium, so it is those skills that you need to demonstrate.”
“We’re very excited to see what comes in. Good luck!”